Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trapbrah

Questions About Accutane! (Just Started)

1 )Ok so i just started accutane, took my first pill today, and i was just wondering how long it takes for it to start working. And i dont mean final results, i mean about how many pills does it take for the stuff to start closing the oil glands? 2) and my acne isnt even bad to begin with, my derm didnt even want to put me on this stuff, so is it neccessary for me to use this for 5 months? 3) My derm said 40 mg for two weeks, then double the dose after, is that 1 pill morning 1 pill night, or can i take them both at dinner? Last question) is it likely to get a bad breakout on this before it gets better, or will it just start working? i ask that because i was on retin A for all last year and i got very bad breakouts for a few months and it slowed down, but i still broke out, which makes me bellieve my acne is hormonal, and makes me think if i dont have any dirt or oil in my pores, i shouldnt be breaking out on accutane. would really appreciate answers to these, thanks !

and ill probly have more questions later haha, im just really nervous about taking this stuff.

It really depends on each person's organism really. But usually it should take at least 1 - 2 months to start getting some results on the clearing, and the treatment should be followed until the last month to kill the bacteria that causes acne completely. And the word is that it almost always gets a little or really worse after starting to clear up, but as i said before it will depend on your organism and the acne type you have. I know all this because of personal knowledge and research, I also asked a lot of questions to my doctor before beggining the treatment! Never doubt on asking them bro!