Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boscoman1

Starting Tazorac 0.05%

Hi there guys i went to the dermatologist testerday an she prescribed me this cream with doxycycline. I was taking retin-a 0.025% so will there be an initial breakout? Thanks guys in advance(:

How long were you on Retin-A? Did you have any purging from Retin-A? I would expect more puring from Tazorac especially if Retin A didn't do much for and if your were on it for short course, but I doubt it will be heavy purging. Even if you start getting breakouts, doxy will help a lot clearing it out faster.

I'm on Tazorac 0.1% wich is strongest they make and have been on it since 2005, works very well!!

4-5 months on Retin A should have given you decent initial breakout from retinoid, so expect less breakout from Taz. But even if you do get a major breakout from Taz look at it from a brighter side that all of your acne is coming out and will clear.

I was on retin-a for years and now i just started using Tazorac for the past week, so far no initial break out!! Im also taking Minocycline once a day. Hope it works out for you!! smile.png

Edited by PinkBunny41

Been on Tazorac 0.05% cream for 4 weeks already and had a small break out on my 3rd week but looks like its clearing up now. Im not sure if its due to me getting the inital break out or from starting my monthly cycle. How is Tazorac working out for you so far?

Hi! I was put on Taz 0.05 gel about 3 weeks ago by my derm for my really (I mean reaaally) severe blackhead problem. I've had them for YEARS (and I'm only 15!!). I was actually kind of disappointed because the 0.05 version is actually not for acne but for psoriasis??! However, it is working...but pretty slowly. And it makes your skin SUPER DRY!! Mine was cracking and super flake-y. But my skin adjusted to it and I'm gonna ask her for the higher strength soon. But: be patient, it DOES work!!! My blackheads are gone by 40%! (no product has done that before!!) :)

Wow i forgot about this post but i have seen some clearing up since i started but a lot of red marks have stayed behind :/ any fix to that?

I'm also trying to get rid off a few red and brown marks... EVERY pimple leaves one behind, no matter if I picked or not!!! I started noticing that when I was 12 - my forehead hat tiny brown spots all over it, like huge freckles. Just then a dermatologist told me those were acne marks. But Tazorac will help fade those a bit and BHA (I LOVE PAULAS CHOICE!!!) is going to help too. Just be sure to use something irritant free. Also, I want to try hydroquinone which is the only thing that really helps, but you need a prescription (not expensive though, only 20 dollars per tube). Hope I helped:)