Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lkvandez

Ortho Tri Cyclen

I just started on Ortho Tri Cylcen and seem to be breaking out around my jaw line. Is this normal and how long can I expect before I see any clearing up of acne?

For years before my cystic acne got extremely developed, I used a mixture of minocyclin and ortho-tricyclen to maintain a clear complexion. Of course, I would always get that one monthly hormonal pimple. I remember that it took about a month before my face stopped seriously breaking out. It also has a lot to do with the severity of your acne.

I wish you luck.

I was wondering the same thing. I've only been on Ortho Tri Cyclen for five days, so obviously it's not going to start working miracles yet. Just curious how long it took others to see results.

I'm also getting jawline breakouts as well, but am not convinced it's from the Ortho neccessarily.

Just hoping it works!

You should see some mild differences the first month, but more profound results within 3 months. For what it's worth, my derm told me that jawline area breakouts are definite signs of hormonal acne.

Thanks guys. I'm pretty terrified that it will make it worse, but the oiliness seems to have decreased after 3 weeks so that is probably a good sign.

Hi Arpazia,

how did you make a mixure? I've been wondering how to make a topical cream from these medications. Don't know it's a good idea to take them orally long term.

regards,

by