Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyle_

Get Dans Products Easily.

Hello all.

sorry if this has been said before, but for those who do not want to pay for import fees, (you WILL 99% of the time end up with customs dutys,) get dans products off the american amazon, there is no customs fees, and the item for me arrived much quicker, since it's amazon too theres no stupid extra fees to pay for postage.

Just thought I'd spread the word.

Edit: Seems some people are unlucky to get customs fees, I don't know if I'm just lucky or what, but for people here in the UK I would reccomend using amazon.com, for me, I always seem to get away with customs duties, but if I use danielkern.com, (sorry for the bad spelling of his name,) I always get charged customs duties.

Amazon.com is your best bet, you really don't know what to expect, also, amazon.com seems to come quicker, the postage says 10 days but it always comes quicker, think my record is half that. Also, the postage works out slightly cheaper too!

Edited by Kyle_

Hi..I'm new to all this. I was reading this post and wondered, did you get charged import tax? I'm on Amazon.com now looking at the products and thinking of ordering the kit, but i don't want to fork out extra money for customs.

Is this true??

I have just been onto the amazon website and replicated my order of 4 x 16z treatment. the order i placed on this website totally $177.12 including shipping whereas on amazon it totaled $144.82! WHY OH WHY is the price on amazon cheaper than off here???

If the there is no import duty charged either then this must be amazing news for us long termers!

seriously tho, WTF.

Any update/confirmations on this? Do you get whacked with import tax if you order the regimen from amazon US to the UK?

It's infuriating that we get ripped off so badly by the government for a product we need for medical reasons.

Edited by silkeno

Plain and simple: if you order products from outside the UK/EU, you officially have to pay taxes if the value exceeds a certain limit (exceptions may apply to certain countries, like China). You may be lucky in case Customs doesn't intercept your package and/or the courier doesn't declare it, but you can never be sure. If you want to know exactly, check out your country's Customs website, or give them a call.

Just ordered off Amazon - reduced the shipping cost hugely. Thanks for this post!

I will post again if I get charged more for additional taxes added on at a later stage, but would've expected Amazon to somehow warn about this or cover this.

I have a little sister who lives in England and wants to get on the regimen but was confused by import taxes, after looking at the UK's HM revenue & customs website I found this little excerpt:

Customs Charges applicable

£0.01 to £15
  • No customs duty

• No Import VAT*

£15.01 to £135
    • No customs duty

• Import VAT due

£135.01 and greater

[*]Customs duty due, but waived if the amount calculated due is less than £9

[*]Import VAT due

*Excludes the following goods: alcohol; tobacco products; perfumes and toilet waters. These items do not benefit from the relief of customs duty or VAT at import, and alcohol and tobacco products will also be liable to excise duty.

Also, here is Amazon's policy on taxes/customs:

"You are responsible for assuring that the product can be lawfully imported to the destination country. When ordering from Amazon.com, the recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination country. Orders that are shipped to countries outside of the United States may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information. When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates"

So yeah, I think that if you buy the entire range of products you'll be charged with at least VAT. However if you buy the products individually you could avoid that. I was thinking of having them delivered to me in the US and shipping them to her myself, but even gifts are liable to taxes...Sorry this is so long, just hope this helped some, thought it might be useful to someone!

Edited by Clara Nicolini

Bought the regimen kit (8 oz. Cleanser, 8 oz. Treatment, 8 oz. Moisturizer) through Amazon USA. Ordered 30th April 2012. Product cost $38.44, shipping was $18.50. It arrived attached to an unrelated UK Amazon order (by an elastic band) on 9th May 2012. The delivery estimate according to Amazon was May 15, 2012 - May 31, 2012, so it got it considerably earlier. But I do roughly remember during the order process somewhere that it said 10 days, from the order date, so not sure where that changed... But no customs charges. No problems. Total I paid there is £36.40 for all the kit and delivery...

Do we think I got lucky with the customs charges or am I safe to do this again when I need more product?

I did get kind of worried about when I was going to get it because I wanted to start ASAP, and couldn't wait until the end of May. Also, the custom charges could have screwed me over so I wanted to see what it would be like to just order one 8oz treatment through the website (through cheapest postage option). I ordered on 7th May and got shipping confirmation on 8th May so I will wait and see how long it takes.

So the BP I ordered on its own on 7th May from danielkern.com arrived today 19th May (using cheapest postage option). So took about 3 days longer than when I ordered the full regimen kit from amazon US. Neither of them had any customs charges/extra fees.

For me it seems shipping from Amazon US is always less than danielkern.com and both will take roughly the same amount of time (about 10 days). So even if ordering single products (to really make sure you avoid the customs charges), I would still order from Amazon.

I just checked and goods under £135 VALUE are exempt from customs charges, so shouldn't be a problem. Goods with value greater than £15 are due VAT duty which would probably be 20% of the value of the product. Delivery costs are not considered at all, only the actual value of the product.

Edited by guyr

Just ordered the 16oz Mositeriser from Amazon USA (as advised see above) and got wacked with a £11 import duty fee! Thanks mate! So don't bother with taking the risk as the Moisteriser was just £1 over the £15 limit - so this really cost me £31! Not worth it and I will stick with using my usual UK moisteriser (Simple brand). Here's a tip if buying - only get the 8oz supplies especially the BP as if you get the 16oz you will def get an import tax demand.

For now on, I just purchase the 8oz BP directly from Dan's website and not any larger amounts. BTW: the 16oz cleanser passes the import duties no problems as it is below the £15 threshold - however I too just stick with my usual Simple products for the cleanser bit

Any update/confirmations on this? Do you get whacked with import tax if you order the regimen from amazon US to the UK?

It's infuriating that we get ripped off so badly by the government for a product we need for medical reasons.

Is this true??

I have just been onto the amazon website and replicated my order of 4 x 16z treatment. the order i placed on this website totally $177.12 including shipping whereas on amazon it totaled $144.82! WHY OH WHY is the price on amazon cheaper than off here???

If the there is no import duty charged either then this must be amazing news for us long termers!

seriously tho, WTF.

Bought the regimen kit (8 oz. Cleanser, 8 oz. Treatment, 8 oz. Moisturizer) through Amazon USA. Ordered 30th April 2012. Product cost $38.44, shipping was $18.50. It arrived attached to an unrelated UK Amazon order (by an elastic band) on 9th May 2012. The delivery estimate according to Amazon was May 15, 2012 - May 31, 2012, so it got it considerably earlier. But I do roughly remember during the order process somewhere that it said 10 days, from the order date, so not sure where that changed... But no customs charges. No problems. Total I paid there is £36.40 for all the kit and delivery...

Do we think I got lucky with the customs charges or am I safe to do this again when I need more product?

I did get kind of worried about when I was going to get it because I wanted to start ASAP, and couldn't wait until the end of May. Also, the custom charges could have screwed me over so I wanted to see what it would be like to just order one 8oz treatment through the website (through cheapest postage option). I ordered on 7th May and got shipping confirmation on 8th May so I will wait and see how long it takes.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up to date on my topic, for me, ordering from amazon.com, for acne.org products always works out cheaper, slightly, and it comes faster, also, it has always avoided customs, where as when I order from danialkern,org, I always get customs duty, I'm surprised to see that:

Just ordered the 16oz Mositeriser from Amazon USA (as advised see above) and got wacked with a £11 import duty fee! Thanks mate! So don't bother with taking the risk as the Moisteriser was just £1 over the £15 limit - so this really cost me £31! Not worth it and I will stick with using my usual UK moisteriser (Simple brand). Here's a tip if buying - only get the 8oz supplies especially the BP as if you get the 16oz you will def get an import tax demand.

For now on, I just purchase the 8oz BP directly from Dan's website and not any larger amounts. BTW: the 16oz cleanser passes the import duties no problems as it is below the £15 threshold - however I too just stick with my usual Simple products for the cleanser bit

Has got smacked with customs duties, basically what I'm trying to say is, if your here in the UK, try using amazon.com, your much less likely to get charged customs duties, don't ask me why, I might be wrong and I might just be lucky, but, it's your best bet, also, i guess using amazon gives a little more peace of mind, don't mean that in a bad way dan!

Good luck people!

Edited by Kyle_

Sorry I haven't been keeping up to date on my topic, for me, ordering from amazon.com, for acne.org products always works out cheaper, slightly, and it comes faster, also, it has always avoided customs, where as when I order from danialkern,org, I always get customs duty, I'm surprised to see that:

Has got smacked with customs duties, basically what I'm trying to say is, if your here in the UK, try using amazon.com, your much less likely to get charged customs duties, don't ask me why, I might be wrong and I might just be lucky, but, it's your best bet, also, i guess using amazon gives a little more peace of mind, don't mean that in a bad way dan!

Good luck people!

Completely agree, that's basically exactly what I concluded. I have now made a number of orders of acne.org products through amazon (but I have ensured the product value is always below £15) and haven't been hit by customs once. Shipping is cheaper through Amazon and faster.

I've ordered straight from Dan's website. Does this mean when the package is delivered I will have to pay another fee?

Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me! I ordered the treatment and aha+ on amazon.com almost 3 weeks ago and it's not here yet! Delivery estimate says between June 29th to July 17 so although it hasn't exceeded the delivery estimate, I don't understand how u all got it within 10 days??? I ordered from the UK too, why aren't my products here :(