Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
poi6

Does This Happen To You?

Well for me i can find a way to not care about my face and be completly content with my life for a while...But then i find myself back to normal in a few hours or the next morning morning?

Im not sure if i overthink it and change the good thought to a bad thought ar just straight up forget it??????

Yep, I get this a lot too. Sometimes its in longer periods, like a week or so before it breaks down a bit.

Its hard to keep it consistent but I have been gradually getting better at not caring/thinking about it so much.

same ive learned to not care and be happier in the last few months of my life than ever before.....its weird.....but idk i guess im just hoping theres someway to feel all happy and stuff for a longer duration.....shrug.gif idk.....

Sometimes ill kid my self I dont care and I actually get into that state of mind because ive thought about wanting to be so much if you get me?

crazy.gif

but then ill look in the mirror once the make ups off or while its on and worn off and feel all my insecurities again

i guess sometimes i feel ok but most i dont lol

eusa_liar.gif

but its really good you're learning not to care and to be happy

I wish I could do that !

x

If you were happy for a longer duration that quality of happyness would be a lot less. Just think about it. If you are constantly happy, you get used to the feeling so it is not as great. When the feeling only happens once in a while, it's amazing. That's why you wish it would last longer. This is probably why drug users have to eventually switch from weed to more powerful drugs, because they get used to weed, and it doesn't have much of an affect on them anymore so the only way they can get that "high" feeling is to take stronger drugs like heroine. They can't get the same feeling they used to on weed because of how much they are used to it.

This is also why rich people with their fancy cars and big houses etc. get home after work and aren't impressed with their living situation because of how they get used to it.

When my parents moved in to a bigger house, I was soo happy and everyday felt good waking up to a big house and felt like I was living in an amazing home, but eventually I lost that feeling and got used to my hosue as being the "average" cuzz when I went back to my old house to visit I thought it was "ghetto", but when I was livving in that "ghetto" house, I just thought of it as a "normal" home and that my living situation was perfectly fine.

And when I go to my friends' houses that have hugggge nice pool and stuff, I compliment them and they just say "really? you think my house is nicee. I don't see what you see."

It's because she got used to it and doesn't realize her house is big, it's normal to her.

This is also why so many Americans cry when they see pictures of the living situations of some Africans, "like omg, how can they live like that without grocery stores and tile floors, I feel so bad for them." But they don't realize that they were born living like that, and they, themselves, don't feel like their living situation is "poor", because it's all they have ever known and they learn to adapt to it without crying or feeling miserable everyday like so many people may think.

Sorry for the long reply, this post just got me thinking about happyness.

If you're in the middle of an acne treatment, that's the best way to handle it - keep your head up and take it one day at a time. There's no use dwelling on your acne in the early stages of your treatment. Acne meds ALL take time to work and there is no overnight fix.

For me, having faith in your regimen makes all the difference in the world and I visualize my face getting better everyday. But just ignoring acne without a plan of action can be a bad idea in the long run.

Try not to accept acne, but instead accept your current condition and believe that it'll get better in time.

Yes, I have this too.

There are moments where I think "Mweh so I don't have perfect skin, I should still make the best out of my life" and then there are times I just give up on everything and cry.

I used to go through polar opposites with how I felt about my skin, sometimes several times in a single day. I might wake up in a morning and happily think it had improved compared to the previous day, then a could of hours later I'd be thinking it was bad. I'd probably end up making it worse at that point by picking, which of course never did me any favours and would often set the tone for the rest of the day.

I certainly think that those changes in mood and the negativity in general contribute to making our skin worse and I don't suppose it's good for our bodies either because they surely function better if everything is calm.

Some people are just hyper-sensitive about their skin and so it entirely dictates their mood. That's how I was. But I do also know of a great number of people here who can't relate to that at all and they've never once let their skin get in the way or bring them down. No idea how they do that, guess it just goes to show how we're all wired differently, but that's a characteristic I really admire.

Yeah, happens to me a lot. I'd suggest you to find some self-help/spiritual books, some of them are really good and give you an idea on how to deal on problems that we usually make bigger than they really are, in our case having acne. You could try reading:

'How to heal toxic thoughts' by Sandra Ingerman : She teaches on how to change the negativity of our thoughts to positivity, which helps a lot for others and ourselves.

'Joy' by Osho: This one is of more religious approach, but he explains in a really good way that happiness starts inside of us.

At least reading these books have helped me in a big way, hope my post can be useful to you.