Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cormega

Found A Great Moisturizer

I want to preface this post by stating that I am in no way affiliated with this company at all.

Being on accutane for the last month and a half, I was having a hard time finding a good moisturizer for the daytime. I liked Cetaphil at night but it would make my face look to greasy during the day. I went to the health food store and looked around and found this.

http://www.mountainocean.com/skin_trip.html

The list of ingredients is on that link. I don't care if you choose to buy it or not, I'm just letting you know what helped me. It took me a while, through trial and error to find something that worked so I'm just letting u guys/gals know.

Also, I'm only on 20mg per day, and getting bumped up to 40 in a couple weeks(hopefully).

One thing to keep in mind though is that a moisturizer one can use on Accutane and off Accutane is completely different. You need a lot of moisturer to thwart off dryness on Accutane, and your skin is unlikely to break out from products that would otherwise break you out post-Accutane.

If you can post the ingredients and name of that moisturizer, that would be better. I personally don't click links without knowing what it's sending me to due to viruses. So please post the name and ingredients to take a look at what you found.

Name: Mountain Ocean Skin Trip

(below is what I copy and pasted from the link)

Skin Trip

Skin Trip is Mountain Ocean's original coconut moisturizer. Its light, smooth feel is unique among skin moisturizers. This extremely fast absorbing, non-greasy formula soothes, protects and quickly replenishes needed moisture to dry skin. Blended with Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera, and Lanolin, Skin Trip gives your skin the nutrients it needs and effectively reduces the natural evaporation of moisture from your skin. pH Balanced. Perfect After Sun, After Shower, After Shave, Anytime.

Ingredients:

Skin Trip

PURIFIED WATER - This is a deionized water that has been boiled to insure that there is no microbial contamination.

COCONUT OIL - Coconut Oil is an excellent moisturizer and helps keep connective tissues strong and supple.

ALOE VERA - Aloe Vera is nature’s gift to the skin. It has been used for centuries as a soothing and healing aid for skin problems.

SORBITOL - Simply, this is corn sugar. Sorbitol works as a stabilizer and give lubricious feel to the lotion.

LANOLIN ALCOHOLS - Derived from the sheep’s wool, lanolin is considered to be a true moisturizer. Working as an emollient, it is very beneficial in smoothing and softening the skin. Our lanolin is distilled, removing allergy producing impurities.

STEARIC ACID - This ingredient has none of the harsh effects commonly associated with acids. Stearic acid is part of the emulsifying system and significantly affects the consistency of the final product. A white waxy natural fatty acid derived from vegetables.

HYBRID SAFFLOWER OIL - A special cosmetic grade safflower oil.

EMULSIFYING WAX - A higher fatty alcohol derived from coconut oil. Provides pearliness and firmness.

CETEARYL ALCOHOL - A wax like fatty alcohol substance, which helps emulsify oils into a water base. Synthesized from coconut oil.

PHENOXYETHANOL - Used as an antibacterial and preservative. Derived from oranges and many essential oils. No known toxicity.

DIMETHICONE - This is a silicone derivative. It contributes certain degree of water repellency and leaves a soft, smooth feel without being sticky or oily.

BEHENTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE - A special vegetable derived cationic emulsifier that is substantive to the skin. It is a skin conditioning agent as well as an emulsifier and is very mild. Gives skin a silky and powdery feel that is part of Skin Trip’s unique feel.

LINOLEAMIDOPROPYL PG DIMONIUM CHLORIDE PHOSPHATE - Another cationic emulsifier derived from linoleic acid (a skin essential fatty acid). It is also conditioning and contributes to the unique feel of Skin Trip Moisturizer.

BENZETHONIUM CHLORIDE - This is an organic quaternary salt and has excellent germicidal action.

DICETYLDIMONIUM CHLORIDE - Another organic quaternary which increases the substantivity of an ingredient; enabling it to remain on the skin when other water soluble formulations are rinsed away.

FRAGRANCE – A light scent of coconut.

The only thing that stands out to me is the stearic acid. I think that is high on the comedogenoc scale. However, male skin can tolerate pore clogging ingredients moreso than women since your skin is thicker than ours.