Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StephenMcl

What Foods

Hello everyone, im just wondering, what healthy foods (that won't cause acne) can i eat to put on weight, i desprately need to put on weight and beat my acne :(

grass fed beef and organic eggs. Just make sure you aren't intolerant to egg as some people are.

Meat and eggs is the only thing that makes me put on weight.

Edited by dejaclairevoyant

Use the search bar to find topics like this, there are plenty of them with lots of good information. It really just comes down to eating more calories than you burn though.

Hello everyone, im just wondering, what healthy foods (that won't cause acne) can i eat to put on weight, i desprately need to put on weight and beat my acne sad.png

when you find out let me know! haha

i used to weight lift and eat like a mo! protein shakes-creatine

protein every meal protein protein protein!

now that i got acne. i quit everything...

i still lift weights and i lost 10 pounds in 3 months ):

I'm currently trying to gain back weight as well. I lost lots from August-December due to stopping my workouts/meal plans, loss of appetite due to depression for a month, starting an elimination diet & a 3-day water fast. I've been able to gain back 11 lbs of it back in the past 3 weeks or so. This is my meal plan:

Breakfast: 1 sweet potato

Snack: 1 avocado

Lunch: Rotate between a can of chick peas, lentils & ¾ cup quinoa w/ kale, spinach, or swiss chard, 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Snack: 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds or walnuts (decided to cut out raw almonds since I noticed they seem to make my stomach upset. will play around with them more later. going to try macadamian nuts and pecans soon.)

This nets me around 2200 calories before supper time. Then I usually eat 2 suppers consisting of vegetables and protein. Either chicken breasts, chicken thighs, ground chicken/turkey/beef/lamb, salmon, roast beef, chilli, etc. Every Saturday I roast a whole 2½ lb chicken and have at it, but I tend to have a big appetite. Sometimes the day before also, especially for weigh-in week. :-P (which I do bi-weekly so that I don't obsess over it)

It's been a bit difficult balancing out the weight gain with the acne/diet connection, but I think I've found my niche for now. Going to weigh myself next Sunday and see where I'm at. Hopefully I'm still gaining steadily. The only problem is the amount of walking I do at work. Oh yeah, and I also started strength training 3 times a week again. I eat a can of tuna in place of a protein shake for my post-workouts. Got that idea from someone here.

Still looking for more ideas to help me out. I feel like I could be eating more for breakfast and the first snack. I'm always still hungry then. Was going to try coconuts, nut butters & other nuts in general. Depending on your own views, you could also go with steel-cut oats & brown rice. I decided to cut out grains for this month, just 'cause. You could also go with eggs, but I believe I'm intolerant to them. Going to play around with them later on.

Edited by takenimpulse

I've been drinking an entire can of coconut milk (about 600-700 calories) everyday so I don't lose weight. It's hard to get enough calories from meat, eggs, and fruit alone.

my favorite, sweet potatoes, im gainning weight working out too, i ate around 5 sweet potatoes per day

also; avocados, nuts (if doesnt affect ur skin), quinoa, avocados, amaranth, oats (if doesnt affect your skin somehow), coconut, eggs, brown rice, coconut/olive oil.

Try finding foods that wont break you out, it takes some time but defitnitly worts it. Some poeple break out with fruit, some doesnt. I eat tons of oats and whole wheat pasta every the other day, and i dont see a negative effect

I bought a 400g bag of unsweetened shredded coconut for $3 today and did the calculations: 3000 calories total. Going to divi it up for the week and eat it alongside my avocado. :) I couldn't find any canned coconut milk, unfortunately.

Hello everyone, im just wondering, what healthy foods (that won't cause acne) can i eat to put on weight, i desprately need to put on weight and beat my acne sad.png

when you find out let me know! haha

i used to weight lift and eat like a mo! protein shakes-creatine

protein every meal protein protein protein!

now that i got acne. i quit everything...

i still lift weights and i lost 10 pounds in 3 months ):

Quinoa, rice, sweet potatoes, any kind of meat, kefir/yogurt, oatmeal/peanut butter, beans, olive/coconut oil,. There's so much you can eat to keep calories up.

i break out from quino white rice, kefir and yogurt, oatmeal and peanut better the only beans i can eat are kidney and i eat EVOO

so there may been many foods but alot of people break out from half of what you listed.

thanks for the info tho!

I bought a 400g bag of unsweetened shredded coconut for $3 today and did the calculations: 3000 calories total. Going to divi it up for the week and eat it alongside my avocado. smile.png I couldn't find any canned coconut milk, unfortunately.

haha, I have bought a couple pounds desiccated coconut at around $3 a pound also. It is yummy, but don't eat too much; it'll make you nauseous from so much oil at once.

i break out from quino white rice, kefir and yogurt, oatmeal and peanut better the only beans i can eat are kidney and i eat EVOO

so there may been many foods but alot of people break out from half of what you listed.

thanks for the info tho!

I'd say most people should not break out given you get the right kind. But that's just what I eat, there's tons of other stuff. I just feel like letting yourself lose that much weight should spark something in your brain once you start noticing it to find a solution.

Going to weigh myself next Sunday and see where I'm at. Hopefully I'm still gaining steadily. The only problem is the amount of walking I do at work.

+8lbs! Hopefully I can just keep doing what I'm doing and continue gaining steadily till I'm back at my 155lbs weight. I still worry that the amount of walking at work will make me hit a stall before then.

I decided to ditch the shredded coconut idea for now until I feel more stable to play around with it.

Edited by takenimpulse

Gained another +5lbs since my last post. Took 2 months, but I'm finally at my ideal weight again. Still want to gain another 10 because 165lbs has always been my goal weight for a while now. I'm gaining slower now, though (about 1-1.5lbs a week), so I guess it'll take time.

Edited by takenimpulse

Gained another +5lbs since my last post. Took 2 months, but I'm finally at my ideal weight again. Still want to gain another 10 because 165lbs has always been my goal weight for a while now. I'm gaining slower now, though (about 1-1.5lbs a week), so I guess it'll take time.

FYI, walking at work shouldn't affect your weight too much. Low intensive stuff like that is primarily a fat burner, not a muscle burner. That's definitely the kind of weight loss you shouldn't be worrying about.

Although calling 1-1.5 lbs a week "slow" is kinda ridiculous.