Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WeSawThisComing

Clean And Clear Daily Facial Lotion ( Salicylic Acid )

Has anyone tried this? Im conscious of the fact that its a lotion, and you are not supposed to wash it of. Would this still be an effective cleanser, It contains Salicylic acid, Which i suppose is encouraging as it will have time to penetrate the skin, But has anyone had any experience using it?

ive never used it but i used to use the Clean & Clear sensative skin and the Clean & Clear salicylic acid spot treatment together. for a while i thought it was working but then i realized that no matter how long i was using the soap and the spot treatment i still have Angry inflammed pimples. the SA seems like it quickens the healing time. but in reality i came to find out that it was making the pimples go away faster but then leaving worse redmarks after the pimples were gone. ive done alot of research and alot of people say that BP and SA create wrose redmarks for post acne lessions. so i completely DITCHED my soap and spot treatment no lotions or anything im on water only for my face. and so far my face is look so much less aggravated and no more redness the pimples i get heal even quicker then when i used spot treatment and they dont leave bright redmarks any more.

my advice Look into the "Water only logs" on this site. do alot of research on the "Acid Mantle" and PH acid range on facial soaps.

SOAP is not actually our friend.

i know i didnt help much with your question but hopefully this info will help in you gaining your acid mantle back and healthy skin!

Good luck!

. ive done alot of research and alot of people say that BP and SA create wrose redmarks for post acne lessions. so i completely DITCHED my soap and spot treatment no lotions or anything im on water only for my face. and so far my face is look so much less aggravated and no more redness the pimples i get heal even quicker then when i used spot treatment and they dont leave bright redmarks any more.

Does the water method actually help unclog pores? From my experience (there may be many different etiologies for acne) not doing any cleaning has never helped. Have you tried any cleansers without artificial chemicals?

Have you tried niacinamide? It's meant to be good for hyperpigmentation and for mild - moderate acne and I'm currently trying it out. Personally I found that BP was the only thing that helped my cysts clear up quickly.

When your face is irritated, dry, and reactive it is beneficial to use a lotion wipe off method of cleansing. Finding the "Right" lotion to do the job is key. SA is definitely a helpful (BHA) alternative to BP. Though for it to really do it's job-leaving it on the skin versus washing it off would be ideal.

Using just water to wash is a practical idea. But just like anything else, water too can disturb and dry out your skin when used in excess. Mineral water spray is helpful!

1. Water Wash or Gentle Cleanser(milky)-Wipe off.

2. SA Toner or SA Lotion

3. Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize.

. ive done alot of research and alot of people say that BP and SA create wrose redmarks for post acne lessions. so i completely DITCHED my soap and spot treatment no lotions or anything im on water only for my face. and so far my face is look so much less aggravated and no more redness the pimples i get heal even quicker then when i used spot treatment and they dont leave bright redmarks any more.

Does the water method actually help unclog pores? From my experience (there may be many different etiologies for acne) not doing any cleaning has never helped. Have you tried any cleansers without artificial chemicals?

Have you tried niacinamide? It's meant to be good for hyperpigmentation and for mild - moderate acne and I'm currently trying it out. Personally I found that BP was the only thing that helped my cysts clear up quickly.

water only has help me and its only been 5 days 9 on my forehead. i havent had any new pimples and i feel like a new person! The "Acid Mantle" is a bacterial fighting agent itself when it is taken care of properly. by not irritating my acne with any cleansers and water only twice a day my skin has naturally healed the pimples and whiteheads(clogged pores) completely on its own. when you get a white head you start to wash it and this irritate it no matter how gentle then bacteria spreads causing more break outs around that area and making the whitehead multiply. as for cyst and nodules hmm i believe the water only method would work only for light-mild-moderate acne. i had moderate. and its working swell for me although i only havv/had papules pustules white heads and black heads blemished together. for more severe acne i would definately see a derm get put on antibiotics and probiotics at the same time. antibiotics restore healing properties and are anti inflammatory while being not good for your insides. probiotics take care of the bad bacteria inside and replace with good bacteria.

Also water may not unclog pores but whilst not irritating the acne and interrupting the acid mantles process underneath the skin white blood cells are fighting broken walls naturally caused by the clogged pore. in the end treating the acne naturally.

When your face is irritated, dry, and reactive it is beneficial to use a lotion wipe off method of cleansing. Finding the "Right" lotion to do the job is key. SA is definitely a helpful (BHA) alternative to BP. Though for it to really do it's job-leaving it on the skin versus washing it off would be ideal.

Using just water to wash is a practical idea. But just like anything else, water too can disturb and dry out your skin when used in excess. Mineral water spray is helpful!

2. SA Toner or SA Lotion

Water does not disturb your face nor make it dry if used properly. water is the only natural neutral ph balancer for the skin with no chemicals added. if your face gets too dry for water only that means that you are using too much at a time. the production of sebum itself it the skins natural moisturizer. the more drying cleansing chemicals you put on your face the more dry your face gets and the more sebum is produced casuing clogged pores. you have to do all the right things for everything to work properly. as much as you think moisturizer is made to help the skin it is not helpful at all. the sebum is a natural moisturizer. SA and BP are some of the most irritating chemicals for the skin. it doesnt seem like it to the eye when you first use it but they are in the long run.

Edited by dreamingofclearskin2011

water only has help me and its only been 5 days 9 on my forehead. i havent had any new pimples and i feel like a new person! The "Acid Mantle" is a bacterial fighting agent itself when it is taken care of properly. by not irritating my acne with any cleansers and water only twice a day my skin has naturally healed the pimples and whiteheads(clogged pores) completely on its own. when you get a white head you start to wash it and this irritate it no matter how gentle then bacteria spreads causing more break outs around that area and making the whitehead multiply. as for cyst and nodules hmm i believe the water only method would work only for light-mild-moderate acne. i had moderate. and its working swell for me although i only havv/had papules pustules white heads and black heads blemished together. for more severe acne i would definately see a derm get put on antibiotics and probiotics at the same time. antibiotics restore healing properties and are anti inflammatory while being not good for your insides. probiotics take care of the bad bacteria inside and replace with good bacteria.

Also water may not unclog pores but whilst not irritating the acne and interrupting the acid mantles process underneath the skin white blood cells are fighting broken walls naturally caused by the clogged pore. in the end treating the acne naturally.

2. SA Toner or SA Lotion

Water does not disturb your face nor make it dry if used properly. water is the only natural neutral ph balancer for the skin with no chemicals added. if your face gets too dry for water only that means that you are using too much at a time. the production of sebum itself it the skins natural moisturizer. the more drying cleansing chemicals you put on your face the more dry your face gets and the more sebum is produced casuing clogged pores. you have to do all the right things for everything to work properly. as much as you think moisturizer is made to help the skin it is not helpful at all. the sebum is a natural moisturizer. SA and BP are some of the most irritating chemicals for the skin. it doesnt seem like it to the eye when you first use it but they are in the long run.

My quote: "Water too can disturb and dry out your skin when used in excess."- Your follow up answer to my quote is the exact statement to my point. "Your using too much at a time" (your point) Which is why I stated with the wording "excess" Not to split hairs-but it's the exact same point I made just going around it in a different way with wording. Actually, some water is not so great for skin. Hard water for some skin is absolutely irritating. Also follow up with facts from your public water source and find out just how much chlorine and added extras are added to your water source. Prior to the filtration process (if your lucky enough) to have installed in your home.

Moisturizing is indeed helpful to compromised skin and skin disorders. Finding the correct one is "helpful". Slathering on a heavy chemical laden fragrant lotion will without a doubt cause more damage than healing. Balanced skin is healthy skin. I do agree with you when it comes to adding extra chemicals to the skin can and will dry it out. End product like you said, producing more oil causing breakouts. Totally agree. SA however for some parts of my skin is a great exfoliation product. I have SebDerm and Eczema,(among other skin problems)which causes excess dry skin that does not shed properly. The SA helps tremendously. Again, acne suggestions and tips are helpful. Though not always the perfect solution for every skin type. But Kudos to you for finding a solution to your problem! It's always great to hear success!

Edited by gemmyjunebug

Oh ok my mistake i didnt see you said in excess LOL and as for my statements i reguard this to acne not neccessarily to eczema obviously putting prescribed medicated ointment on that will help sinces its scientifically proven but doctors all around the word still can not figure out how to defeat and completely prevent acne.

ive done alot of research and alot of people say that BP and SA create wrose redmarks for post acne lessions. so i completely DITCHED my soap and spot treatment no lotions or anything im on water only for my face. and so far my face is look so much less aggravated and no more redness the pimples i get heal even quicker then when i used spot treatment and they dont leave bright redmarks any more.

my advice Look into the "Water only logs" on this site. do alot of research on the "Acid Mantle" and PH acid range on facial soaps.

i know i didnt help much with your question but hopefully this info will help in you gaining your acid mantle back and healthy skin!

Good luck!

So I thought I'd try your method for a couple of days and ditched everything bar water. For the first 2 days there was no change in my skin (currently I suffer from mild acne comedones and the occasional breakout when stressed or when I tried rosehip seed oil...grrr) but third day: BANG! Four early stage bumps...doh!

I'm not refuting the acid mantle theory that your skin is ph 4.5-5.5 for a reason and trying to disturb that may make the situation worse but I think for me using water only as a cleanser has not been beneficial.

Having read a few of the comments made about the theory, it seems that it's ok to use cleansers and toners and moisturisers as long as they are within your skin's natural pH range. I'm going to continue with these recommendations and see how that helps things. I'm so glad for you that just water has helped! It's great to hear some good news stories because it's really painful to have acne, no matter the severity. I hope the good wave continues for you, man.

Good luck!

ive done alot of research and alot of people say that BP and SA create wrose redmarks for post acne lessions. so i completely DITCHED my soap and spot treatment no lotions or anything im on water only for my face. and so far my face is look so much less aggravated and no more redness the pimples i get heal even quicker then when i used spot treatment and they dont leave bright redmarks any more.

Good luck!

So I thought I'd try your method for a couple of days and ditched everything bar water. For the first 2 days there was no change in my skin (currently I suffer from mild acne comedones and the occasional breakout when stressed or when I tried rosehip seed oil...grrr) but third day: BANG! Four early stage bumps...doh!

I'm not refuting the acid mantle theory that your skin is ph 4.5-5.5 for a reason and trying to disturb that may make the situation worse but I think for me using water only as a cleanser has not been beneficial.

Having read a few of the comments made about the theory, it seems that it's ok to use cleansers and toners and moisturisers as long as they are within your skin's natural pH range. I'm going to continue with these recommendations and see how that helps things. I'm so glad for you that just water has helped! It's great to hear some good news stories because it's really painful to have acne, no matter the severity. I hope the good wave continues for you, man.

Good luck!

hey you are brave for trying it! it is a tough decision to make. heres what i did first

i still used my cleansers on my face and i left my forehead completely alone for 4 days. i got a pimple on the forehead on the forth day and of course i still got pimples on my cheeks too on day four even more than my forehead! even though i was still using soap there. so i stuck it out a few more days and no more break outs on my forhead. i began to realize that water was actually helping. so i quit soap on the entire face i got a bunch of whiteheads when i stopped and maybe one or two more red pimples but im on day 7 for my whole face and day 10 on my forehead. my forehead is completely clear! and has been completely clear since day 8!! my cheeks havent had any new breakouts really minus the whiteheads one or two of them came to a head but most of the other whiteheads have went down.

my point being is you are likely to have a small ib just like any other regimen you try? water only is not the worst ib ive had though! it was mostly whiteheads for my breakout. and yes it is true you can get cleansers that are ph balanced to your skin but its hard to find some that are.. they need to be around 5.5 good luck with your cleanses! and im sorry that you broke out.. ill let you know how my regimen goes after 3 weeks or so you gotta have faith! :)