Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My daughter was prescribed epiduo yesterday from our dermatologist. She is 12 years old and doesnt have bad acne just occasional breakouts. She heard the doctor say she might break out worse before it got better and now is refusing to use it. I can't say I blame her. Im just worried if she doesnt start something now it will progressively get worse and be harder to get under control. I had pretty bad, actually really bad acne at her age and Ive heard its hereditary. So do we start the epiduo or just carry on with her normal skin care routine (acnefree)? She is, however, starting to develop blackheads on her nose and chin. I dont know if the epiduo helps with those or not. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

The choice is really up to you. If her acne isn't THAT bad, and she doesn't feel comfortable using a topical for it, I say stick with the regimen you're doing now. Just because she has acne now doesn't mean she isn't taking proper care of her face, it's just a part of the preteen/teen years. However, if it does get worse then I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to use the Epiduo. I've been on the stuff for about 3 months now, and I heard I would break out terribly to begin with and it would eventually clear. However, I never really broke out all that bad like I had heard I would. Every ones different though so don't take what I say and run with it. Epiduo has worked pretty well for me though.

Thanks so much! Im glad its working for you. We might hold off for a little while. Kids can be really mean at this age and I would hate for her to get her feelings hurt if it did end up breaking her out. But I am glad to know its a good product. Thanks again!