Posted : 01/13/2012 10:05 pm

*UPDATE LOOK AT BOTTOM OF THIS POST IN RED*

Hello any one who is reading this!

You are here because you searched one of my tags

or you just ran into my log on the personal log forms lol

whatever that may be im going to enlighten you

on some information with my log.

Happy reading!

First off I am 21 male I've always had light acne since i hit puberty nothing major enough to make me think twice about omg i need to wash my face now to get rid of this pimple! *Also the majority of my acne is GENETIC.. Meaning my father had terrible acne as a teen and so did my older brother. ok fast forward to now (21yo) winter, started around september 2011 (skipping everything inbetween that you dont want to read) this is when my acne became crazy! taking over both my cheeks from ear to nose and a few on my chin. ive tried so many cleansers its insane! recently tried going on a strict diet for 2 month and didnt see much change mainly because i think my acne is very much genetic and hormone not so much diet. Our ACID MANTLE plays a HUGE role in killing bacteria on our face and we do not realize that we are stripping and damaging it everyday when cleansing it unless your soap has a PH of around 5.5. Most soaps are atleast 8+ making them to alkaline for our acid mantle. The skin on the face has a PH of 4-6.5 water being 7 is a neutral state being non acid nor alkaline. This is why i have chosen this regimen. I plan on restoring my acid mantle while keeping a healthy diet to eliminate acne FOR GOOD!!ANY WAYS heres my regimen that i will stick with for ATLEAST a FULL month if not more.

Wash only with luke warm water.

no toner/moisturizer

apply "zinc" face sunscreen only on redmarks and tan for 2 hours/day

when done rinse off sunscreen with water only this also helps me get fresh air!

Wash only with luke warm water.

no toner/moisturizer

Apply 100% pure organic honey on redmarks leave over night.

50mg Zinc

1,000iu D3

MultiVite

GNC Maximum Greens

taking cinnamon cassia capsules .5g after every meal for insulin sensativity!

pretty much keeping a paleo diet

Avoiding any junk food and sugars

Eat Tons of fruit and Veges.

THATS IT.

I started this No Soap regimen on my forehead only 8 days ago and the rest of my face 4 days ago.

My forehead is completely clear and it feel so smooth! no bumps at all!

Im willing to help any one who has any questions at all so ask away!

So starting from;

DAY 4

3 imflammed pimples that are in the healing process. Alot of redmarks on cheeks from previous blemishes, and clear smooth forehead.

Hope you guys enjoy my log and brings you any help!

*UPDATE*

Okay im officially updating this LOG... i completely quit on this regimen on DAY 12. Ill let you know why. my skin starting from day one was getting extremely oily in my t zone every day when i was rinse my face with water i would have to use soap on my hands like 2 o 3 times just to get all the oil on my hands while i was rinsing so that way i wouldnt spread more dirty oil on my other areas. Also by day 6 or 7 maybe my face was beginning to get clogged pores like a MOTHER.. EVERYWHERE. they werent noticable by sight but when i would rinse my face with water i could literally feel that every piece of skin on my face had a clogged pore it was disgusting i also had dead skin all over my chin also wasnt too visible unless you got really close to me. Until day 12 i thought that i was just purging and that all the bumps would just fall off on their own when my dead skin started to fall off. well i didnt keep up with the regimen to find out because what if all those clogged pores didnt fall off and they all turned into red inflammed pimples.. my entire face would have been covered. so on day 12 at night i began washing my face again. it felt so good to get all that gunk off my face. then day 13 came and my face looked quite inflammed and irritated i figured that this would happen seems how my face got used to no soap for the last 11 days.

SO NOW

heres hope to my new regimen that i will continue to log on this log because i simply just dont feel like starting over. and if any one decides to try water only and it doesnt work they will know they can use the cleansers im using right after water only and be ok.

NEW REGIMEN:

•  

Thats it folks. If you dont know already hibiclens is a soap that doctors use to clean their hands before surgery on patients. The soap completely destros gram neg and gram pos bacteria. it is not supposed to be used on the face at all. although many people have success stories with using it on the face. If you use it on the face keep out of nose mouth and eyes IF you get it in eyes... NO IFS JUST DONT PERIOD. its not hard to keep your eyes closed while you wash. Also hibiclens is ph balance to 6.5 YES finally a cleanser that will not strip my acid mantle!! so this is another reason why i will keep using this cleanser because it kind of goes along with the reason why i tried water only. it will not damage the acid mantle at all. So if you are interested in Hibiclens i will be a contestant using this procedure and no other chemicals. just hibiclens only by itself to get the full effect if this soap works! Ive read that hibiclens will not help with clogged pores and dead skin. just inflammed acne. so dont expect this soap to unclogg your white heads and blackheads.

http://www.acne.org/...ens/page__st__0

heres a good thread on the org that was started a long time ago and many people say they had success if youa re interested.

Alrght guys now once youve read this you can skip to page 3 of me starting my new log on hibiclens.

Good luck to any one who tries this stuff!

MemberMember
(@dreamingofclearskin2011)

Posted : 01/14/2012 9:41 am

DAY 5

morning:

skin still looks the same this morning, i forgot to add that i do have a few white heads on the chin in patches of 5 in circles that have been there since before starting this regimen i think they are starting to chrink a tad in size though! ill report back tonight if theres anything drastic in my acne

MemberMember
(@the-darkest-cloud)

Posted : 01/14/2012 12:16 pm

Great to see you doing this man. I hope this regimen sets you clear for life! I believe it can work for some people. I've always kept cleansers etcs away from my forehead and I only get a few pimples a year on it. I'm not brave enough now to only have water for my whole face but once I'm out of puberty I will for sure!

All the best :)

Oh, one question if you don't mind. About the honey for red marks. How much do you apply and does it not wreck your bedsheets/pillow? And have you seen any notable results so far?

:)

MemberMember

Posted : 01/14/2012 2:37 pm

Great to see you doing this man. I hope this regimen sets you clear for life! I believe it can work for some people. I've always kept cleansers etcs away from my forehead and I only get a few pimples a year on it. I'm not brave enough now to only have water for my whole face but once I'm out of puberty I will for sure!

All the best smile.png

Oh, one question if you don't mind. About the honey for red marks. How much do you apply and does it not wreck your bedsheets/pillow? And have you seen any notable results so far?

smile.png

hey bro it was definitely a huge step to take to bring it too my whole face but once i started not washing my forehead (the most oily part of face and i had a few active pimples at that moment) and i found out 4 days down the road that i wasnt breaking out at all i realized i could totally do this on my whole face! and so far i havent had any new break outs and im not getting these flaky dry skin look that everyone else says when they are on water only. *knock on wood*

but about the honey. im lucky to know a guy who is a bee keeper so i get the FRESHEST stuff lol

i use 100%pure organic raw honey nothing added at all

and i get a teaspoon scoop it out the jar with only the tip of the spoon like not even half way i barely use any at all

and put it in a little salsa dish so that way it all runs off the spoon into the dish

then i use my one finger dip and smear only on my problem areas no my whole face

just enough that it is smooth gliding on the face. you dont need a glob on one spot. i heard more is not better.

any ways as for the sheets and pillow case. you would think they get wrecked but they honestly dont dude! like i sleep on my back all night ive trained

myself to not turn my face when i sleep and even if you do get some on there its not like youre not going to shower off in the morning anyways

and i wash my sheets and case at least every 2 days for acne purposes as well.

YES i have seen a difference! in about a week and a half i saw a dramatic reduction in redness bro no joke! i thought it was too good to be true but its not been

3 weeks and a few days and the redness slightly goes away more and more every night. i have before and after pics already that im planning on putting on here once im finally clear cause i dont want to embarrase myself with just befores lol.. but i will have the proof once im clear! Sometimes i put a dab on the pimples i see forming and they will come to a head over night..unfortunately i know we all hate this but they come to a head and usually end up healing the next night

it pretty much speeds up the process 10 times faster bro!

over all i still had marks and only a few active pimples compared to he disaster i used to have on my face about 2 months ago when i was using cleansers and no honey! so my face is deffinately improving! i really recommend the honey mask though man for real. you have to do it at night so people dont see youy though lol also! the honey does drip so thats why i put it on at night when i sleep. when youre laying back it stays and doesnt drip. but sitting up it will run down your face no bueno!

MemberMember
(@the-darkest-cloud)

Posted : 01/14/2012 4:07 pm

Thanks for the reply man. That is f*cking great news man. Delighted for you. I know I'd go insane if I still had acne at 21. I'm only 17 so it's more a puberty thing than anything else. I'll definitely consider the honey at night. I'm sure you can buy it that stuff in health shops. Atm, I put Sudocrem on my face (like a mask) at night and it's more than less doing the same stuff you've said about the honey. But I'll keep it in mind so tnx for dat :) I'm very tempted to start washing my face with plain water too. I've school continuously until mid february so I think I might try it during that break just in case I'd break out from the change!

Keep up the good work :P

MemberMember

Posted : 01/14/2012 4:24 pm

Thanks for the reply man. That is f*cking great news man. Delighted for you. I know I'd go insane if I still had acne at 21. I'm only 17 so it's more a puberty thing than anything else. I'll definitely consider the honey at night. I'm sure you can buy it that stuff in health shops. Atm, I put Sudocrem on my face (like a mask) at night and it's more than less doing the same stuff you've said about the honey. But I'll keep it in mind so tnx for dat smile.png I'm very tempted to start washing my face with plain water too. I've school continuously until mid february so I think I might try it during that break just in case I'd break out from the change!

Keep up the good work tongue.png

haha word no prob bro. ive never used sudocream but if its working for you then cheers to that! i usually dont like putting anything non natural on my face thats the only reason why im using honey. and yeah bro at 21 its difficult because when i first turned 21 i was partying like mad with all my lady friends! and now winter came and destroyed my life man! i havent gone to the bars since september!! sucks bro! but at least ive only had it for about 4-5 months i havent had acne like this for that long. and if your acne is hormonal dont be naive! hormones in men kick in from 13-18 and again some times in mid 20s! but you should definately give the water a try while youre on break. i cant really imagine people having an IB from only water.. and if it does work you will never have to worry about cleaning your face again for your life bro! you can go whereever you want and just shower that would be awesome. any way good luck with your marks bro! ill tell you one thing that is helping so much with my marks is getting some sun! im starting to get a tad bit of color on my face and it helps out alot with making the red marks not stand out as much. i put sunscreen on the marks only and nothing on the rest and tan for 2 hours a day. normally when i wash off my face my face looks terrible until i wake up in the morning my tan sets in really nicely on the face and the marks look so faded bro! i mean its jan and summer is getting closer and closer! were gunna be at the beach with the ladies soon getting tan any ways so why not start now! haha

MemberMember
(@the-darkest-cloud)

Posted : 01/14/2012 4:31 pm

Yah man the lady attention has reduced since my acne has gotten worse :( And my confidence has been really f*cked which has added to the lack of females :( Yah I've noticed the sun helped me too but where I live there is literally no sunshine in these months lol. But I'll be very active over this summer (last school year). Although I'm hoping to be clear way before that :)

MemberMember

Posted : 01/14/2012 4:59 pm

Yah man the lady attention has reduced since my acne has gotten worse sad.png And my confidence has been really f*cked which has added to the lack of females sad.png Yah I've noticed the sun helped me too but where I live there is literally no sunshine in these months lol. But I'll be very active over this summer (last school year). Although I'm hoping to be clear way before that smile.png

yeah bro i know what you mean im slowly gaining my confidence back now that im seeing results though! you just gotta stick through it. im so glad that i didnt have acne while in school i would have been devastated but that sucks that you have no sun bro i live on the east coast! theres sun here everyday and the summers are long! i love the beach and the river salt life is what its all about here!

MemberMember

Posted : 01/15/2012 5:46 pm

DAY 6

one new pimple its very small an it took place in a cluster f white heads i had on my chin so i was expecting this.. very small red bump.

other than that i still just had the same pimples i had yesterday. two of the came to a head and look like they are healing quickly hopefully by morning they will be looking better. nothing really inflammed or really red. just the averyage looking pimples. redmarks look VERY soften faded look all day until i get out in my sun tan then they get a little more red but by night time the fade again and by the next morning the tan get a tad more darker every day so they look more hidden every morning.

around the chin area im finally starting to develop a tad bit of drying. not bad patches or flaking or anything at all to wear i would need moisturizer but up close i can see very tiny little dots of dry skin i can brush my hang acrosse it and they fall off. but by night time my face produces enough oil to completely take care of the dryness.

ill apply honey again tonight and wake up tomorrow and let you know how it goes from there.

so bottom line for day 6 no major changes yet.

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 01/15/2012 7:27 pm

You should mix some turmeric in your honey but if you leave it on overnight you will wake up with an orange face lol.... But turmeric is good with the honey. My Indian homie told me thats what they use and I tried it when I was younger. :)

MemberMember

Posted : 01/15/2012 7:32 pm

You should mix some turmeric in your honey but if you leave it on overnight you will wake up with an orange face lol.... But turmeric is good with the honey. My Indian homie told me thats what they use and I tried it when I was younger. smile.png

haha yes i have read about the magical tumeric healing properties! but id rather not have to deal wth the orange! i heard that its hard to clean off and id rather not scrub my face to get it off which would cause irritation. but thanks for the suggestion! lol my honey is working pretty swell by itself after 3 weeks now im definately sticking with it for as long as i need to until their completely gone!

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 01/15/2012 7:43 pm

Lol okay well you go on with your sweet honey self! Do you ever wake up in the morning and taste it? Like if your drool hahaha I am just messing with ya. But glad its working for ya buddy. Send a sista some of that bomb honey from your beekeeper friend lol.... I live by some bee boxes but I am too scared to try to get some lol...

MemberMember

Posted : 01/15/2012 8:13 pm

Lol okay well you go on with your sweet honey self! Do you ever wake up in the morning and taste it? Like if your drool hahaha I am just messing with ya. But glad its working for ya buddy. Send a sista some of that bomb honey from your beekeeper friend lol.... I live by some bee boxes but I am too scared to try to get some lol...

LOL was that your way of calling me sweet? wub.png hahahahah jk

and NO i do not wake up in the morning and try licking my cheek bones.... the honey is delish though if i "accidently" get too much out the jar when im preparing to put it on the face i dont let it go to waste though hahah im actually running low and my mums got me the honey im not sure who she knows that is the keeper but i need more! ill try and get two jars this time and ship you one out ;) and you should def hit up the bee boxes winnie the poo style and just shuv you hand in there hive grab a glob out hifive.gif hahaha

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 01/15/2012 8:37 pm

LOL uh no! I will not be posted up like winnie the pooh tryna get me a fix of honey! You should just eat it off, honey is good for you! I go thru honey fast cuz I eat oatmeal with honey n fruits.everyday.

But okay stay on topic lol..... Keep up the water n honey regime!

MemberMember

Posted : 01/15/2012 8:48 pm

lol im not eating honey off my face that has been on there all night with bacteria all up in it

i thought oatmeal was bad for acne??

im going to start eating yogurt though i gave up dairy months ago and i want to see if the probiotics in the yogurt help at all

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 01/15/2012 8:56 pm

Uhhh I don't know lol.... I am not on a restrictive diet. Thats just what I been doing for years. Why is it bad for acne?

MemberMember

Posted : 01/15/2012 9:06 pm

i dont know exactly.. i thought i read it somewhere but i never looked into really much i just knew that once i read it wasnt good for acne i just stayed away from it and never gave it another thought i heard it was good to clean with though! hhahah

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 01/15/2012 9:23 pm

Yeah I read about people using it to wash n beneficial for redness. But I don't know. My acne didn't get bad till last year and before that I would have a breakout here n there. But I been eating it for years. My mom would make us eat it alot as kids so it just became a habit lol. But I don't think I can say it affects acne, atleast for myself. I cant speak for anyone else. But you may be right. I tried doing all that healthy eating and it didn't do nada for my acne, just made me loose weight. Then my friends and fam would think I was on a diet and clown me when I wouldnt eat mexican food n soul food!!! Lol.... They just didn't understand, so guess who is paying for my treatment! My fam hahaha but now at all our fam events I can eat everything without being fearful lol

MemberMember

Posted : 01/15/2012 9:53 pm

oh yes you are on accutane yeah? how is that going for you. read up on the accutane logs people have about acne coming back though becasue i honestly think the main reason people have acne coming back after accutane is because they have poor diet. and when youre off accutane make sure you start taking probiotics to supple all the good bacteria in you! you might even be able to eat probiotics now while on accutane im not sure youl need to research it. any way im sittin hur wit my honey a drippin and imma lickin hahaha jk but im gunna go lay down in bed talk to you tomorrow mrs 3 hours behind me!

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 01/15/2012 11:03 pm

Yes I am still taking it. Its going great! No crazy side effects (must be the oatmeal n honey lol). I haven't broke out no more, yay! My brother took it when he was 17 n now he is 29, and it never came back. He had severe acne for real, like bad. His face is.beautiful n flawless but on his back he had some keloid scars left behind. When I gave my testimony in my log at the time, in my opinion I had.severe acne, but I guess I overly exaggerated lol. But because it happened so fast, out of nowhere, it was traumatic n severe! Lol.... Now that I have been around these forums it wasnt too bad n I feel bad for people because I remember how I felt those 8months n how much my face hurt. Anyways I hope and pray I will be like my bro. :-) except without scars of course.

MemberMember

Posted : 01/16/2012 10:29 am

well good luck! hopefully it will be in your genes for it to not come back! lol

was the ib period bad?

and youre right must be the oatmeal..shifty.gif

i got my yogurt today! and cinnamon! i ate my first bowl with blueberries and busted a capsule of cinnamon all over it! it was literally the best thing ive eaten since ive been on these diets! im going to eat some for breakfast and desert as long as i dont breakout from the yogurt...eusa_pray.gif and im going to take the cinnamon capsules with every eal and see if this does anything for my acne! ill keep ya posted!

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 01/16/2012 12:18 pm

Yes!!! I broke out in places I never do! My poor forehead! There was even one on my stomach! Weeiird...

I saw one time on Dr. Oz that cinnamon is good for metabolism.

MemberMember

Posted : 01/16/2012 1:02 pm

lol i had a small pimple right by my belly button the other day i was like HEY!

i dont have any body acne lol thank God!

but yes i heard the cinnamon is great to insulin spikes and alot of people get acne from insulin spikes so it definately caught my eye i bought it it was only 4 dollars for like 100 pills and im pretty sure its just plain cinnnamon in a capsule lol

MemberMember
(@skylynn)

Posted : 01/16/2012 2:26 pm

Really? I didn't know that. We use cinnamon alot but like for coffee n tea. We keep those cinnamon sticks in that coffee pot thing that you boil water in on the stove. We do it for flavor, but your theory sounds good to me. Lol.... But I am sure you get more from your capsule. On Dr. Oz this sista was sharing her weightloss secret n she told everyone she would eat a spoon full of cinnamon. So her and the doc did it, but his facial expression looked like it was nasty hahaha.... You should try it and tell us.about it lol

MemberMember

Posted : 01/16/2012 3:38 pm

you cant eat a spoonful of cinnamon without gagging..huh.png

but what im doing is just taking the capsule and pouring it on foods that way i know exactly how much im using i think that works just fine? i dont like swallowing even more pills then i already do lol