Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
earthtologan

How I Beat My Mild - Moderate Acne

a little background: i'm 17, senior in high school. I play baseball and work out a few days a week. I've moderate, maybe even a little worse than that acne for about 4 years now, and I FINALLY found a way to beat it.

For starters, let me just say that i tried nearly EVERYTHING out there. Creams, washes, pills, etc but nothing would help, all they'd do is dry the crap out of my skin and make it look worse after it was said and done. I'd get frustrated and try new things, all with the same, frustrating results. This went on for about 3 1/2 years, until a few months ago, when I decided i was determined to beat my acne...

When i decided to start, I was currently on 3 medications: Solodyn (pill at night) Prascion(face wash) Acanya Gel (Moisturizer)

For starters, i researched for hours online about stuff to help, and I read about how bad sugar can be on the skin. Like most teens, I consumed a TON of sugar, way more than most teens actually. (100+ grams a day easily)

So, effectve immeadiatly, I basically cut out sugar, and whenever i wanted a snack, i'd eat fruits and vegetables instead. The effects were nearly immeadiate, and after 3 days, my skin was visibly clearer and I had less breakouts. I continued this regimen for about a month, but I would still get an occasional bad breakout, and so i wasn't satisfied. After much thought and research, I decided to try Pantothenic Acid (b5 vitamin) and let me say, it was the best decision i've made regarding acne, holy crap does it work. I take around 6 grams a day, 2g after each meal, and although yes this is a ton, it really does work, and it's completely safe, as it's water soluble. If you're worried, just do research, you'll see tons of people with positive results!

So, 3 months later and my skin is finally as clear as it's been in a long time. I only get a pimple every few days, if that, and i haven't had any breakouts at all, I feel great! I'm also off my medications, the only thing i still use is the Prascion face wash in the shower, once in the morning and once before bed.

I have a few other tips i can offer, and if anyone has any questions, let me know, I'd love to help!