Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pord

Is It A Good Idea To Use Retin-A And Benzoyl Peroxide As A Part Of My Regimen?

Hey,

I was wondering if it would be alright to use benzoyl peroxide and Retin-A micro gel 0.1%. I was thinking about using Retin-A at night and I will use the bezoyl peroxide during the day, or I will use it on off days (just on the acne itself).

What do you guys think? Is this okay or is it too much for my skin?

Thanks.

Also would it be alright to use a salicylic acid (2.5%) scrub once a week in the morning?

My derm let's me use retin a at night and a face wash in the morning with 4% benzoyl peroxide, but you should always ask your derm just to make sure. I;m not so certain about the salicylic acid, it might be too much on your skin. Again; talk to your derm about it.

Edited by desperatejen1

My derm let's me use retin a at night and a face wash in the morning with 4% benzoyl peroxide, but you should always ask your derm just to make sure. I;m not so certain about the salicylic acid, it might be too much on your skin. Again; talk to your derm about it.

Thanks for the reply.

when i could afford a derm she had me do retin a at night and duac gel during the day.. duac gel has bp in it so i say you can apply it

when i could afford a derm she had me do retin a at night and duac gel during the day.. duac gel has bp in it so i say you can apply it

Thanks for the reply.