Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay I should be happy right.. I'm on vacation in Florida, but hey my skin is ruining it. Its not too bad but I still wouldn't dare go out without my mineral makeup on. Also I've been trying to eat super healthy like no sugar and no carb diet. My mom keeps getting mad at me cause I won't eat anything that my grandma makes. But seriously they eat a disgusting amount of fats, sugars, and carbs. My mom just has to say I'm going crazy about being healthy and that it's stupid.. I feel like no one understands how much my acne affects me and my mom should because she had severe acne all throughout her life but I guess she's forgotten how much emotional stress it has caused her. I just want to go back home so I can get healthy foods.. Ugh what a way to start the day in tears :/

I know how you feel eusa_wall.gif last time I went on a family holiday I'd get really moody because I felt like I should be enjoying myself but couldn't because I was so busy worrying about how the travelling affected my skin/diet/skincare routine. Its so unfair :( on top of that my friend wants me to go away for the weekend with her next week but I have the worst breakout and I don't want any of my friends to see me without makeup :(

Yeah kind of understand where you are coming from with the family thing, can be pretty annoying when you're feeling down about your acne and family just can't relate to it.

I can relate. Sometimes I feel like parties or vacations would be so much better if I wasn't worrying about my face or having to put on make-up.

I have to add though, since one thing in your post really bothered me: a no-carb diet is very unhealthy. Actually, a no-fat, no-sugar diet is unhealthy as well. It's fine to reduce your intake, since most people eat too much anyways, but the only things that you should cut out entirely are caffeine, fast food, and anything that's been processed.

I can relate. Sometimes I feel like parties or vacations would be so much better if I wasn't worrying about my face or having to put on make-up.

Yeah the no carb or sugar thing is only for a cleanse. I strongly believe my acne is a result of a candida overgrowth in my intestines. Why I believe this is because i was on Clindamycin several different times for severe staph infections and it has killed off all the good bacteria allowing the bad to overtake my body. Also before I started really looking into eating healthy, my diet consisted of up to 5 cans of pop a day and so many other sugary processed foods. I am following this strict diet for only a couple weeks to try to kill of the excess candida and at the same time taking a good probiotic to refill the space with good bacteria.

I have to add though, since one thing in your post really bothered me: a no-carb diet is very unhealthy. Actually, a no-fat, no-sugar diet is unhealthy as well. It's fine to reduce your intake, since most people eat too much anyways, but the only things that you should cut out entirely are caffeine, fast food, and anything that's been processed.