Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
irishcogs

Ziana, Acanya, And Monodox

My dermatologist had always put me on Retin-A and it dried out my skin pretty severely (even the .04%) so when my new dermatologist recommended Ziana, which had a topical retinoid at only .01% in combination with clindamycin topical antibiotic, I was a little wary to try it out. However, the results are great, it doesn't dry out my skin at all! I'm also on Acanya (BP + clindamycin) and I put a moisterizer on before both of these medications. I'm also taking a Biotin supplement and oral Monodox which really seems to be helping out with my skin. I've been on these medications for only 3 weeks and see drastic results after about 1-2 weeks of the dreaded initial breakout.

I especially love the Acanya because it seems to really "zap" new pimples away overnight.

Good luck on your regimen - it seems that you are off to a great start! Just keep in mind that it takes time and it can sometimes be a case of 'two steps forward, one step back'. I am on Ziana as well.