Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ikneedhelp

Am I Using Lemon Juice Correctly?

Attached is a picture of my acne about 2 weeks ago, it has been slightly better since then. I am not really looking for some fancy routine or complex lifestyle to clear my acne because I am currently satisfied with where I am.

As of right now, all I'm doing is using a daily cleanser once in the morning and once at night and a gentle micro-bead scrub that I use once every few days. That has been working for me for the past month or so.

However I read something about lemon juice being able to remove scars, which I am very interested about. I plan to do the following but am afraid of drying my skin..if anyone has any experience or tips with lemon juice please let me know, thanks.

1. Squeeze lemon juice into a clean container/bowl.

2. Take a cotton bowl and dip it into the juice.

3. Lightly dab over the desired area for a few minutes

4. Leave the juice on my face for about 15 minutes

5. Wash it off and repeat once more.

6. I plan on doing this everyday until it clears up

My big concern is drying of the skin, is 15 minutes too long? Twice in a day too much? If anyone has advice or tips, please please let me know, thanks!

post-163009-0-80173300-1326412133_thumb.

post-163009-0-80173300-1326412133_thumb.

I think most people are using lemons as a toner and some sort of scar treatment (bleaching the skin or something), but I don't really hear them say that they are washing it off afterwards. I guess it depends on your approach? For example, Lemon JIUCE is a toner and doesn't wash off, but a CUT piece of lemon rubbed around your face DOES get washed off (especially if it's mixed with honey which people swear helps their scars but might cause breakouts if left on for more than 20 minutes). I often read how people do this at night so that they can leave it on their face. I think everyone has a different approach to this, so just use caution when washing it off I guess since you already had to do that after cleansing your face to begin with. As for twice a day, I don't think it's a big deal. As long as you weren't irritated for several hours before, then go ahead. I've even read people doing this 4 or 5 times a day. If you felt uncomfortable then do it at night before you sleep.

Yeah, I'm just looking to get rid of the scars..so perhaps a cut lemon with some honey rubbed on the face, then washing it off after 10 minutes? I never heard of the honey, but I'll have to look into that..

I'm starting on lemon juice tonight and leaving it overnight as a spot treatment on my pimples. I dont know of this will work but, hopefully it does. I heard most people wash off the lemon juice off their face only because their skin is very sensitive. If your regime is working then I say stick to it.

I hear fresh lemons MIGHT be better yes, but rarely would I hear people say they wash it off afterwards. Yes, Honey is another natural treatment. It doesn't prevent acne, but it doesn't cause acne and it shouldn't clog your pores (I don't think, just leave it on for 30 minutes at first to be safe, then go from there until you have it on all night... because some people leave it on all night). It's suppose to help with extremely flaky skin. By that I mean that honey has an ingredient in it that allows the moisturizer to be more effective. So wash your face, then apply the honey, then wash it off after 30 mins or so, then use the BP OR lemon juice (not sure if people use both), then your moisturizer. Honey is weird... it's like a medicine for the moisturizer I guess. I used it for a while to get rid of my scars, but it takes way too LONG. For now I'm trying to treat and cure my acne before attending to the actually scars, but there's no harm in putting the honey on while your doing everything else, just be careful of how you wet and dry your face each time. There are many reviews of Honey here on acne.org. On youtube there's also honey/lemon juice face masks and honey/milk face masks. In ancient times, people use to bath in honey and milk for clear, smooth skin. A famous example is the pharaoh, or queen cleopatra.

Edited by TreatAcne