Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jralston8

Sebaceous Cyst?

So for about a month or so, I've had this little white bump beside my nose under my skin. It's relatively small and painless. But over the last 3 or 4 days it's become a little red. I became concerned and googled it. It's apparantly a sebaceious cyst and suppose to be harmless. The only problem is, I'm seeing where I have to have SURGERY to have it removed? Say WHAT?? It's the tiniest little thing on my face and my body isn't going to take care of it? Please tell me there's something I can do for it? Benzol Peroxide? Warm compress? somethinggg

how can you be sure that it's a sebaceous cyst and not just a pimple that's under the skin that's taking it's time to go away. Go to a dermatologist. They can let you know for sure.

I'm honestly not that sure. It's just been there forever and if it was a pimple I figured my body would have dealt with it by now. Also, for the longest time it was under my skin un noticed, and of late it has become slightly raised and red. Very odd.

Okay I'm starting to think it's just a regular pimple that took FOREVER to come to the surface. Not only is it raised and red now, it's just slightly tender/painful. why did it take forever to come to the surface?

some pimples just take forever to come to the surface, and others just take forever to heal. I've seriously had a pimple for 2-3 months before that would just not go away. it was horrible. when i get those underground pimples(the ones you can't see but feel and prob what you have), i put this stuff from burt bee's on it and its usually gone within a day or two, max 3 and it just like dissolves without ever being seen. it's weird. but i'm glad to hear it's just a pimple! let me know what's happening with it, and please don't pick it!! i had one of those things back in december and for some reason, when i felt it i was bored at work and started picking at it and i made it horrendous! huge, inflammed, red, it scabbed a billion times, and it's just finishing up healing now! and if i just left it alone and put my burt bees stick on it, it would have been gone 2 days later.