Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So whenever I look at myself through bathroom mirrors, my pores aren't quite large and my pimples aren't that noticeable. However, that may be because the lighting (no matter what type, bulb or fluorescent) is not directly above me.

I was wondering how it's different when it comes to inside your typical classroom (more specifically in the US/Canada)? The lighting is white or fluorescent. And although not the entire ceiling is covered with lights, the lights are still above me.

Does what I see in the bathroom not equate to how people see me in the classroom? Is it worse? Please be realistic. No coddling!

honestly, I think it's somewhere in between.

Acne and the skin in general looks worse when you stress about it though, you know how you wake up in the morning and your skin looks great, but later on in the day your skin looks sort of crappy that because your not stressed while your sleeping and your not thinking about your skin, so just try to relax. When people without acne look at you in public they don't even think about your skin (unless they have acne to).

They're typically dimmer and wash you out, so it's actually one of the better lights to be in.

In addition, fluorescent lights actually have a green cast, which cancels out a bit of redness. The above part sucks though, because you get all the shadows and highlights where you don't want them :/

Sunlight is probably the absolute worst though.

whenever I go to a bathroom with bright lights, I don't see my scars so much, I may look paler, but that doesn't bother me too much. Bright lights are good for me, dimmed lights horrible for shadows. Also when you wake up and think you look better it is because blood has pooled to your face more and plumped it.