Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
psislam

Pcos Related Acne

Hi Everyonce

On my search for advice on acne treatments I came a cross this blog. I hope some of you are able to give me advice on PCOS related acne.

I would say I have Olive or yellowish skin tones. I've had problematic skin since I was a teenager. From ages 18- 25 my dermatologists prescribed me Accutanne and Birth Control pills to keep my skin clear. I would take Accutane it on and off.and each course lasting for 3 to 6 months. In total I did 5 courses in 7 years. Later when I found out about the terrible side effects I decided never to do it again (I can't believe my derm was prescribing me that poison). However, I continued to stay on the birth control which in conjunction with my monthly peels kept my clear for 4 years with occasional moderate break outs.

After being on Birth control for almost 10 years, last year (age 29) I went off it as I had just gotten married and my husband and I were thinking of having a baby in a year or so. This turned out to be disastrous for my skin and hair. First, I lost half of my hair and second I started breaking out with these deep cystic acne. For the last year I've been battling the horrible bumps all over my face and am now left with awful scars. I've been to the derms and gynos they diagnosed me with PCOS. Unfortunately they keep on telling me to take Accutane or Birthcontrol which is not an option. I moved countries last years so I also had to switch to a different peel as they one I did with my old aesthetician isn't available here sad.png. Unfortunetly these new peels do not seen to help much.

I eat very healthy, I work out regularly and I take care of my skin obsessively but I'm not seeing any results:( In the last 6 months I've spent $2000 getting monthly peels and creams and gels- none of which is helping. I don't know what else to do. I really would love your advice as I'm running out of any ideas. I really want a baby but it seems to be costing me my beautiful face. I have outlined for you my regimen below. I would appreciate your thoughts on it and any advice that you have to help.

My regimen:

AM routine

Obagii Acne Cleanser (Salicylic Acid 2%)

Obagii Acne Toner (Salicylic Acid 2%)

Mene and Moy Systems facial lotion C20 (Ascorbocilane acid 20%, Glycolic acic 6%, Phytic Acid 2%, Vitamins A & E

Roche Posay Anthelios Suncreen SPF 30

PM:

Mene and Moy Systems Cleanser Sensitive Skin (Glycolic acid 4%) or

Mene and Moy Systems Lightening Gel (Glycolic Acid 10% and Phytic Acid 4%)

Roche Posy Cicalplast on dry spots

Obagii Clenziderm MD (Benzoyl peroxide 5%) For spot treatments

Weekly drying/purifying masks and Monthly peels.

I really hope someone can help!

Thanks.

Don't really have any advice, but I have pcos too and that's where my acne is most likely coming from. Did you try Dan's regimen? I was on it for about a year and it kept me completely clear.

I'm now on accutane though, hoping my acne won't come back afterwards :(