Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rishabhkarwa

Acne For 2 Years

I have been suffering from acne since 2 years...i use benzoyl peroxide 2.5/5 percent..i dont use face wash as i dont believe in them...i have used toner/astringent but it makes my skin dry along with peroxide..so..i dont use it much...plz help me ..i just keep gettin acne they are moderate...par i pick them i cant stop picking them...they leave scars...i havnt dont anythin worth in this last 2 years...please help me.!!

Have you tried some natural/home remedies yet? Try applying tea tree oil or lemon juice tropically onto your problem areas.

I've tried tea tree oil and it has worked and many people swear that lemon juice works for their acne. I've also been using cetaphil oily skin cleanser daily and benzac ac 5%, which is like bp. I suggest trying to use a face wash morning and night to get rid of the oil and dirt in your skin that causes acne. Also, an exfoliator twice a week can get rid of the build up of dead skin cells which can contribute to acne.

Could your acne be caused by your diet? Do you drink lots of water a day? Is your diet consisted of lots of fruit and veggies? If not, then maybe your acne is caused by your diet. If you incorporate lots of water and fruit and vegetables into your lifestyle then your acne may get better. I'm not saying that's all you should eat but, a balanced and healthy diet can eradicate your acne such as eating 3-4 serves of fruit and veg each day with meat or fish and carbs. Avoid eating lots of sugary foods.

Good luck!

you don't believe in face washes? start believing? haha jk jk. i think it's really important to start off with a gentle cleanser/face wash because it's very important to wash away excess oil and dirt off of your face. What really helps me fight acne is applying benzoyl peroxide to my face after I wash my face with a cleanser/face wash.

ohk i have started using a salicyclic acid face wash..i use 2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide...i have a good diet..not too oily,junk,sugary food...i dring enough water...i get moderate acne... i just got a breakout 4 pimples on my cheek...its just kils my confidence..benzoyl peroxide causes the exfloiation time to time...just the blackspots i get due to pimples...they fade away...i dont get permanent scars too but the black spots last fr 1 month to 15 days...depends on the intensity of the pimple..i have used lemon it burnt my skin once so i stopped using it..i have a dry skin..i m just tired i have waited fr 2 years..i m in 19 in april...come on..its not that i m overreacting what people think over here in india..its been 2 years...moreover..i stay at hostel..so i cant be that open..like using tree tea oil or i dont get enough time to..take care..i m just depressed...

I know exactly how you are feeling. I'm really fed up with my acne too. It's good that you are starting a face wash but, salicylic acid face washes didn't go too well for me. I used a clearasil face wash before I used the cetaphil oily skin cleanser (which I now use) and it just irritated my acne more. Keep that in mind if you feel your skin is irritated by the salicylic acid face wash. If the face wash is clearing your acne, then I suggest trying the aspirin mask or spot treatment. You just simply grind up aspirin into a bowl and add some drops of water and it should form a toothpaste type consistency. Then just apply to the areas you have acne.

ohk i have started using a salicyclic acid face wash..i use 2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide...i have a good diet..not too oily,junk,sugary food...i dring enough water...i get moderate acne... i just got a breakout 4 pimples on my cheek...its just kils my confidence..benzoyl peroxide causes the exfloiation time to time...just the blackspots i get due to pimples...they fade away...i dont get permanent scars too but the black spots last fr 1 month to 15 days...depends on the intensity of the pimple..i have used lemon it burnt my skin once so i stopped using it..i have a dry skin..i m just tired i have waited fr 2 years..i m in 19 in april...come on..its not that i m overreacting what people think over here in india..its been 2 years...moreover..i stay at hostel..so i cant be that open..like using tree tea oil or i dont get enough time to..take care..i m just depressed...

Hey, I think that using a salicylic acid face wash is a great face wash to start with. Don't be sad about acne, your not alone. I too have been struggling with acne for over three years and I am still fighting acne. Be strong! And good luck

Guest Timehealsall

rish, do you pop every pimple of yours?

i used to pop pimples...nw i just...press them a little at night..so that the pus comes up faster...i get black spots though..they fade away..the thing is...acne isnt gettin better..since 2 years..it is there..i hav tried everythin..i m using benzoyl peroxide since 1 year..i hav moderate acne..bt whn does it stop??