Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lightersUP

Do You Let Others See You With "acne Meds" On?

I know that everyone here has had those long days with acne meds layered on their face. My question is, do you just hide away from everyone all day, maybe stay in your room or under the sheets until it's time to go to bed. Or do you show everyone in your house/apartment what's going on, maybe even have company over and hangout with something dabbed on a zit?

Well my family has seen it all... My boyfriend has too. I usually go out with my friends so I haven't gotten to that point yet. I'll wear my prescription and moisturizer. I only bring the pink spot treatment if my skin is dire. If my friends had their own places I wouldn't care but we are all living with brothers, fathers, mothers, sisters, etc.

Never. Don't know why it bothers me so much because I aught to look upon it as though I'm doing something positive. I'll usually just stay in my room or something. I often just leave it until night time which isn't an issue due to being single and I don't see many people anyway.

Never if a freind ever knocks on the door i let my parents get it while i run up to the bothroom and wash it off XD.......and i also dont like showing my dad either.....because he always thinks im a pussy for putting products on my skin....i just give him the finger (in my mind lol)and leave it at that :P

i hide away from my boyfriend. I make sure all the lights are off before bed. and wait until he falls asleep to wash my face. I wish i could! i think i will get there some day. My family laughs when i have a face mask on..i think they're used to me being a freak! saywhat.gif

i also have a problem with thinking i have dark under eye circles. So i feel like everyone stares at them without make up on...does anyone know a good cream for that? I know I'm making myself seem like a monster..but i think we all know here that we're our biggest critics! smile.png

-alexandra

Hahaha, what a great topic. I lived with my dad and brother growing up and always had stuff on my face. They were just really used to it because I did it so much. Then I moved in with my fiance, and for the first few months it was weird, but now its been 5 years so he's seen it all, lol. I would never be seen by my friends or extended family without makeup on. Nooo way.

Yeah, with my immediate family I don't really mind if they see me with Proactiv mask dabbed on a zit, sometimes I even go outside to get something from the car. But with everybody else, I always make sure to be as fresh-faced as possible.

It's funny, as you get older you realize that people (mostly girls) are 2-faced in a way. I remember the first time I saw my cousin without makeup (who's gorgeous when all done up) and she looked like a completely different person. Still gorgeous but just less glamorous and perfect-looking? I was actually shocked but it helped me realize that some things in life aren't always as they seem.

People with acne take this to a whole nother level. Sometimes just being presentable in public can be a very drawn out process that takes weeks of preparation. On the other hand, there are those people who are just naturally flawless all day everyday without doing a thing...

Edited by lightersUP

I go to school with acne medication on my face!

I use Dan's regimen and the BP/beige moisturizer help hide my scars and acne redness. But sometimes what happens is I do my face at home, then I get to the university and people stare at me because I look like a ghost. I've been embarrassed so many times but oh well. Take note, I'm a guy.

It took 4 years to perfect the right amount combination. Sometimes I still get the usual, "What the white shit on your face?"

Yes. Both my mom and my sister use some sort of variation of benzoyl peroxide, so yeah, I really don't care.. I don't use BP anymore because it hates my skin, but when I used to use it, I'd go out with it on, answer the door with it on, have friends/family/boyfriend over with it on...I just don't care LOL. I also talk about acne and my skin care woes to anyone and everyone who will listen. I'll be like, "Gotta go wash my face and apply my Retin-A, brb!" I use RAM and it sinks into your skin, so it's even less of a deal now. xD

No, I don't hide from everyone because of acne. I never let acne get in the way from letting me live my life. And I don't hide my acne meds from anyone. All my friends have acne so they all understand the situation I go through and recommend me with new products that worked for them and etc.

Edited by ohhhhhhnooooooo

It depends. When I'm at my father's house, I would propably be wearing some spot treatments, but never sth. like a full face mask.. However, I live in a shared flat together with friends of mine, but I think I could never face them with acne meds on. It's just too embarassing, even though they are my friends. Maybe a really covering face mask would be okay, cause they would'nt see my blemishes under it.. But I would never face them with spot treatment on, highlighting them..

When I lived in the dorms (2 years) at university, I would actively walk around the room with product on my face. My friends would routinely ask me for skin care advice. It was difficult at first but eventually I came to enjoy not only being a source of advice but also being open with my friends.

I go to school with acne medication on my face!

I use Dan's regimen and the BP/beige moisturizer help hide my scars and acne redness. But sometimes what happens is I do my face at home, then I get to the university and people stare at me because I look like a ghost. I've been embarrassed so many times but oh well. Take note, I'm a guy.

It took 4 years to perfect the right amount combination. Sometimes I still get the usual, "What the white shit on your face?"

Haha I do that around my family. When I was on vacation on my last day, I had white spots on my faces. Nobody said anything and when I got off the bus and stopped at an Arby's in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico, the guy in the register looked at me like "Dude, what the hell is on your face"? I laughed when I told my cousin because he had pretty bad acne too lol.

Well I only apply bp at night.

And I sleep in a room with my sisters, so yeah they have seen me wear it at night.

Sometimes they made fun of me, sometimes they ignored it.

Recently i switched to a opaque bp.

Now they can't tell if i am wearing it or not.

:)

i just use the regimen, so it doesn't really stick out; but, I used to be embarrassed about leaving my "acne.org" products out in my shared bathroom. Now, i don't give a fuck. It is what it is. I've got nothing to hide.

I have an obsession with covering pimples up with bandaids while at home and/or sleeping so my mum has seen that, she doesn't care (I avoid my dad and brother though, they don't understand what it's for and think it's weird haha) and my boyfriend has seen me with a bandaid on my face! I tried to avoid him seeing that but I was staying over and I figured him seeing me with a bandaid on was better than seeing me with an even bigger, infected pimple the next day! I also have no problem with anyone seeing me with spot treatments or masks on my face, who cares really? :)

I honestly do not care! Yep, it's on my face. You won't melt if you look directly at me. Some days you just gotta laugh! I walked to the store the other morning for a coffee completely unaware that I still had treatment on from the night before...I wondered why everyone was staring at me? I'm thinking I'm hot-well, hello there! wink wink. I looked in the mirror an hour after I got home and was like what the heckers. Whatever. I made someone laugh that day. Heck, I laughed!