Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lola Burns

Food Triggers

There are many foods that commonly induce acne flare ups. But not all people react the same way to the same things. I was wondering what everyone's personal food triggers are.

I have no idea what mine are. But I do know that my skin loves avocados, blueberries, and yogurt.

Haha, lucky you. My skin gets itchy and breaks out slightly when I eat avocados or blueberries I've been finding as of late. It's not too bad, the itch just lasts for quite a while. Gluten destroys me though.

Dairy, corn, eggs, soy, and wine. Too much sugar in general. And amines. Figures, I used to be a Carlo Rossi sangria junkie ~*in my youth*~.

Now that I've reached the ripe ol' age of nineteen, it's a different story.

I've never broken out immediately after eating some foods, but I stay away from common triggers, such as dairy, gluten,soy and sugar.

Guest Timehealsall

I've never broken out immediately after eating some foods, but I stay away from common triggers, such as dairy, gluten,soy and sugar.

you could have a delayed reaction

Yea, maybe some foods made my hormones crazier, therefore I got cystic breakouts during my menstruation. But Im not sure about it,'cuz I've done allergy test in October and nothing came up.

Yea, maybe some foods made my hormones crazier, therefore I got cystic breakouts during my menstruation. But Im not sure about it,'cuz I've done allergy test in October and nothing came up.

Was the allergy test looking for the right kind of responses such as other antibodies besides the IgE that causes immediate responses which is all most doctors, allergests and tests are looking for? http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/200416-what-i-found-about-ige-vs-igg-food-allergies/page__hl__antibodies__fromsearch__1