Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MAS00

At A Loss For Words...

I need some dear advice and just I don't know... Ive had bad acne as a kid (15) I got scars and my whole life has been ruined and took away my out going personality that I had as a kid and in the beginning of high school. I STILL break out?? I did accutane it did the trick and then 3 years later wham.. back at it again. I started to use VItamin B5 to my diet and it seemed to take care of things, but I don't want to be taking 10 pills of vitamin B5 a day, when I stopped taking it my acne came back... For scars I went to Dr Sire and did saliene injections and nothing.. I did a saliene subcision and that seemed to do some work, then I did regular subcision and it didn't help.

These are my scars mostly on my left jaw line.. I'm debating if I should go see Dr Chen here in San Diego to do a rounf of saliene subcision again.. It will be out of my own pocket so I know I'm dropping a lot of money, I;m just wondering if it would be worht it again??

An

y feedback would be helpfull.. I'm just really feeling down and want to tackle this and get on with my life already! I want to know what it's like to look at myself in the mirror without looking away 2 seconds later. I want my inside personality to match my outside looks already...

These are my scars with low lighting and a flash camera pic..

Thanks!

As a layman's opinion, I would say that if a subcision didn't work for you twice, it probably won't work a third time. You may want to pursue another option, and perhaps another dermatologist's opinion.

I don't think your skin looks bad at all. Confidence on the inside reveals itself on the outside. Concentrate on improving yourself in a way you have control over to build that confidence up. Maintain your skin now and don't let the scars acne left behind take control of more of your life.

Bro, i hate to say it but your skin looks good. I know, I know.....it probably bothers you. I know there will probably be someone who gets on here and says im a jackass or what not but im just serving you some truth. Stop focusing on the scars. We are men ya know. Dont let society convince you that you need to look perfect. You honestly look fine. As a matter of fact the scars make you look more human. They are very minor. THey are in a very unnoticable place and you only have a couple of them. Now im not saying you shouldnt try to fix them if you want but the statement that this is making your life ruined. Oh my, if you had the scars that i have youd kill yourself. For god sakes your tan you can grow a full beard. Sheesh get off these boards and live your fucking life.

Oh yeah and i forgot to say.....Stop waiting on fixing your scars to live your life. I can see it now.......... _you leaving the derm_ "O my my face looks beuatiful......shrreeeech BAM carcrash" dead...... THe fact is we might not live to see next tuesday,. this is life we are human we get cut we bleed we scar.

I need some dear advice and just I don't know... Ive had bad acne as a kid (15) I got scars and my whole life has been ruined and took away my out going personality that I had as a kid and in the beginning of high school. I STILL break out?? I did accutane it did the trick and then 3 years later wham.. back at it again. I started to use VItamin B5 to my diet and it seemed to take care of things, but I don't want to be taking 10 pills of vitamin B5 a day, when I stopped taking it my acne came back... For scars I went to Dr Sire and did saliene injections and nothing.. I did a saliene subcision and that seemed to do some work, then I did regular subcision and it didn't help.

These are my scars mostly on my left jaw line.. I'm debating if I should go see Dr Chen here in San Diego to do a rounf of saliene subcision again.. It will be out of my own pocket so I know I'm dropping a lot of money, I;m just wondering if it would be worht it again??

An

y feedback would be helpfull.. I'm just really feeling down and want to tackle this and get on with my life already! I want to know what it's like to look at myself in the mirror without looking away 2 seconds later. I want my inside personality to match my outside looks already...

Thanks!

I envy your skin

Wow - I wish my skin looked that good. Your skin looks just fine! Men are lucky...they can look "manly"...meaning it's okay to have some scars, etc. You look great. I agree with above. Stop wasting money on trying to make your skin smooth and get on with life. This is all in your head...you think you look worse than you really do. Because the truth is you look great compared to most of us and compared to the general population!

An

Thanks!

Dude have u seen my scars??? This is NOTHING!!

I mean.. I feel horrible, so I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm being a pre-madonna or trying to make everyone else feel worse, because I'm not!

The scars are from cystic acne and no hair doesn't grow in the place.. If it would I would just have a beard all the time and not worry about them..

I know about living my life and I just feel I would have the confidence I FEEL if these scars would just go away!

I mean.. I feel horrible, so I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm being a pre-madonna or trying to make everyone else feel worse, because I'm not!

The scars are from cystic acne and no hair doesn't grow in the place.. If it would I would just have a beard all the time and not worry about them..

I know about living my life and I just feel I would have the confidence I FEEL if these scars would just go away!

Please.. you're making me feel even worse about my scarring. Your face is perfect.

I didn't even have the chance to take roaccutane, you should feel lucky. And I don't even have beard in my cheeks, which makes things even worse (acne gets worse on the zones of the face where you have no hair). My skin looks like danny trejo's skin, and Im just 22.

So, STFU, and go on living. You dont even have a real problem.

Edited by Jrevor

wow, I came for advice and some empathy and all I got was be-littled and hatred.... I'm just like you'll who have acne, and you stil alienate me. Thanks

Ummmm I want to laugh after reading all the posts but it would be unethical in my own profession. I will be compassionate. So....buddy you look great and you have great facial features. Your past acne battle has.left you with some unresolved emotions inside. On the outside you look amazing and your "scars" make you unique. I would maybe invest in some therapy instead of continuing to "fix" the scars for now. I have a feeling these "scars" are only 1 of the symptoms that is affecting you psychologically and the quality of your life. I do not know what is going on in your life to truely make you feel so ugly and down.

This is what I'm talkin about.. if you'll don't say I have scars then that's not right.. I'm trying to deal with the same issues and scars everyone else has..

Edited by MAS00

Maybe dermarolling?

I have soem scars like that on my temples...it's like "OMG, I'm going to kill myself over this" but it's just annoying when you look in the mirror and see it, ya kno?

I normally don't post, I do a lot of reading. But, if I can say this without sounding creepy, I think you're handsome (from what I can see). A random person saying that might not be a lot of help, but maybe it'll make you feel a little better?

I don't have advice though, I'm doing Glycolic peels for PIH and afterwards I thought about Dermarolling (since someone else mentioned it), but I feel I need to learn more about it first.