Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tk112233

I Have A New Weird Bump...what Did I Do Wrong?

since sunday, i've been trying to do a new diet. my skin was doing fine these past days..i thought it was possibly improving a little! but tonight, i got this weird cyst-like/hive-like bump right below my lower lip. and i have never gotten a bump like this in YEARS! the only time i had something similar to this was in 2004 when i was in florida (i thought it was just a bug bite but it went away the next morning). anyways, whenever i do get breakouts, they have NEVER been like this bump. so this isn't a normal breakout for me.

this is what i've been eating the past few days. did something i eat cause it?

(NOTE: the foods im about to list are foods that i've eaten my whole life and never had any weird problems with them before. EXCEPT the coconut oil..this is the only brand new ingredient and just started using it last week.)

sunday:

-half of an apple

-green smoothie with spinach, lemon juice, blueberries, blackberriess, strawberries, coconut oil.

-chicken with garlic, oregano, paprika

monday:

-chicken (same as sunday) with spinach

-spinach salad with olives, cucumbers, one tiny slice of mandarin organge, dried cranberries, few walnuts, 2 small crumbles of feta, balsamic and olive oil.

-spinach smoothie w/ a small piece of pineapple, piece of apple, lemon juice, coconut oil

-couple forkfuls of pulled bbq chicken

-half of a peanut butter cookie

tuesday:

-chicken

-spinach salad (same as monday but with a dollop of tuna on top)

-smoothie- carrots, blackberries, strawberry, apple, coconut oil

-half of pb cookie

wednesday:

-spinach salad (same as tuesday)

-spinach smoothie w/apple, blueberries, lemon juice, coconut oil

so i've been eating lots of spinach lately and more fruit..and i've been eating pretty much the same thing everyday. so why did i get this bump tonight?? and the bump grew within minutes! it was around 9pm and i felt a tiny little bump below my lower lip. i didnt think anything of it cause i just thought it was the usual little pimple. but then a few minutes later i felt it getting bigger and bigger! i just knew it was something unusual for me. and i havent eaten anything since like 6-7pm so it wasn't like an instant reaction right away to something i ate. it appeared after i took my shower. i did use some emu oil around my lip area cause it's been sorta dry and capped there a couple days. i used the emu oil around my lips on tuesday night too and i didn't get any weird bumps that night. and i've used the emu oil a couple months ago for awhile and had no odd reactions.

does anyone have an idea where it came from?? it's just something that i normally never ever get..thats why i'm concerned about it. and it's odd that i got it while doing this diet. and again, all the foods listed above (except the coconut oil since this is my first time trying it) i have eaten before with no problems.

sorry this is so long..any advice is appreciated.

UPDATE!! ok so the bump is practically almost gone now!! so weird! the bump grown significantly at 9:30pm..i was desperate for something so i put some duac on it just to see if it'll help. and now it's 11pm and it's like gone. what the hell was it then?!

i looked up wheal lastnight and that could have been it. this morning i woke and the bump is gone but now a small red spot with a tiny whitehead is there. so im still not sure what it is. im gonna keep eating my salads and smoothies..with less fruit though and see if i get anymore of those weird bumps

UPDATE!! ok so the bump is practically almost gone now!! so weird! the bump grown significantly at 9:30pm..i was desperate for something so i put some duac on it just to see if it'll help. and now it's 11pm and it's like gone. what the hell was it then?!

Then maybe it was a hive. I went through a period where I would get them and automatically assumed they were cysts. Until I told someone about how they went away so fast and learned about hives.

Then maybe it was a hive. I went through a period where I would get them and automatically assumed they were cysts. Until I told someone about how they went away so fast and learned about hives.

yeah i was thinking it was a hive. i wonder what it's from cause i've eaten those foods before with no problem. am i eating too much spinach or something?? i might just call my doctor again and ask to do more food allergy testing then.

last month i did a food allergy profile blood test with these foods: clam, cod fish, corn (maize), egg white, milk, peanut, scallop, sesame seed, shrimp, soybean, walnut, and wheat. and they all came back negative so i have no allergies with those. this time i'll do a blood test on fruits and veggies

I get this kind of reaction all the time. For me I think it is vinegar, citrus, sugary foods that do this but who knows? I avoid everything on my allergy diet and it still happens. But it does seem related to food somehow. The only thing you can do is an elimination diet. Start out with a very basic diet...and then add things back in to see if you get a reaction.

yeah i was thinking it was a hive. i wonder what it's from cause i've eaten those foods before with no problem. am i eating too much spinach or something?? i might just call my doctor again and ask to do more food allergy testing then.

last month i did a food allergy profile blood test with these foods: clam, cod fish, corn (maize), egg white, milk, peanut, scallop, sesame seed, shrimp, soybean, walnut, and wheat. and they all came back negative so i have no allergies with those. this time i'll do a blood test on fruits and veggies

Stress? And if you are looking for something that causes acne, the average allergy test won' work for you. They are only concerned with immediate type responses involving the IgE antibody. Not the delayed type responses involving other antibodies and responses that have nothing to do with the immune system.

even though i don't have the big bump/hive anymore (since it went down after an hour it appeared), i still have a small spot there in its place 4 days later. it's not noticeable but when i touch that area i can feel that it's still there. does that mean im still consuming the allergy and it's still in my system?

this all confuses me because i've been on this healthy diet for only a week now and i've noticed that the spots/papules on my cheeks (which have been there for almost 2yrs now and are my main problem areas) have been looking a lot less inflamed and seem to be healing. if i've been eating an allergic food, wouldn't my papules be looking worse instead of looking better??