Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tunnelvisionary

Salicylate Allergy...help? :/

Hey everyone,

So i've been eating much healthier as of late, and I feel better for sure. There are lots of pros i've felt as of late, but recently I feel like i've been becoming more sensitive to foods that used to be no problem. I'm not entirely sure yet, but I think I might have something called a salicylate allergy. Or something like it...

http://www.webmd.com...icylate-allergy

The reason I go into this is because it seems like even though everything i've eaten has been much healthier, there is one thing thing wrong, almost after every meal, the lower part of my face is itchy. This is the only place i'm breaking out too.

I'm thinking it might be from the blueberries I'm eating. I usually crave them, and I've been eating more and more of them. Usually, my breakouts clear up pretty quickly if I eat healthy, but the breakout on my chin area has been very persistent. It's itchy after every meal. I think I've had blueberries after every meal too.

I was going to try not eating blueberries for a day or two to see if that helps at all... I hope it doesn't turn out that I have some sort of allergy or intolerance to a majority of fruits. That would seriously suck, because there is so much good in them.

In the even that is the case, what do I do? I have to admit, i'm usually in good spirits, but I would really like some guidance with this... sad.png

EDIT: I also always seem to get a swollen bruised tongue (in some areas) after eating kiwi that takes days to go away. Maybe this is part of the allergy?

Edited by Tunnelvisionary

Hey everyone,

So i've been eating much healthier as of late, and I feel better for sure. There are lots of pros i've felt as of late, but recently I feel like i've been becoming more sensitive to foods that used to be no problem. I'm not entirely sure yet, but I think I might have something called a salicylate allergy. Or something like it...

http://www.webmd.com...icylate-allergy

The reason I go into this is because it seems like even though everything i've eaten has been much healthier, there is one thing thing wrong, almost after every meal, the lower part of my face is itchy. This is the only place i'm breaking out too.

I'm thinking it might be from the blueberries I'm eating. I usually crave them, and I've been eating more and more of them. Usually, my breakouts clear up pretty quickly if I eat healthy, but the breakout on my chin area has been very persistent. It's itchy after every meal. I think I've had blueberries after every meal too.

I was going to try not eating blueberries for a day or two to see if that helps at all... I hope it doesn't turn out that I have some sort of allergy or intolerance to a majority of fruits. That would seriously suck, because there is so much good in them.

In the even that is the case, what do I do? I have to admit, i'm usually in good spirits, but I would really like some guidance with this... sad.png

When I had muscle testing done, I was told I showed a reaction to food phenolics. At first I thought this meant phenylalanine but no. It's basically part of the natural colors of fruits and vegetables. I've kind of ignored it since, not really knowing what mode of action to take for that one. My friend has a nickel allergy and the diet for it is so strict he just said screw it and doesn't pay attention to it ever. I suppose you (and me, since I've never tried it) could compile a list of foods that don't contain salicylates and stick to those for 5 days to a week, see if you feel any different.

Do you have some kind of reason to believe you have this allergy? I just reread your post and it doesn't sound like you were tested or anything, what's goin' on? Some weird side effects?

Edited by corgisoulpower

Haha, i'm entirely self-diagnosed. So I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong, and this breaking out and itchiness is only a phase. Either that, or I'm just sensitive to blueberries and kiwi, and that's it...hopefully. I would like to go to a doctor and get allergy tested for some stuff, but I don't have an appointment for a while, and I'm doing okay just experimenting for now. Honestly, the only thing that bugs me is having to explain that I'm cutting out things like (some) fruits from my diet to my mom...she's been becoming cooler about what I'm eating lately, though.

I was going to start by cutting out blueberries and kiwi for a few days. But it seems like there's some salicylate content in all of the vegetables i've been eating and all of the fruits I was planning on getting...

Hmm, i'll see how my face looks tomorrow. This would definitely explain why I'm itchy after literally every meal though...and why I might have broken out a few days ago after consuming too many blueberries...and why it's still not completely healed.

If it turns out that most fruits are problematic for me, I figure i'll just start the GAPS diet. I definitely feel like food allergies and intolerances can be cured (for most people) so I can at least have FRUITS without problems. It seems like a GAPS esque diet would help with that. I hope so.

EDIT: To answer your question more precisely, I've been eating more blueberries as of late, and now that I think about it, my acne has been acting up a little more than usual as of late as well. For as long as I can remember, whenever I eat kiwi, parts of my tongue swell up and hurt, sometimes for days. Even before I started eating better. It's starting to make sense.

I don't seem to have trouble with grapes at all...maybe i'll try eating just grapes for fruit for a little while and see how I fair. Though a GAPS diet is starting to sound more and more atttractive.

EDIT AGAIN: Agh, I have a paper to write, i'll probably be up for a while.

Well things look kind of hopeful, there is a section on salicylate allergies in the GAPS book apparently. The jounrey seems like it will be tricky, but my symptoms are very mild thankfully, and only seem to appear with blueberries and kiwi. Crossing my fingers for grapes. Will be ordering the book soon, and probably going on the GAPS diet. So strange finding out about these allergies and intolerances.

Haha, i'm entirely self-diagnosed. So I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong, and this breaking out and itchiness is only a phase. Either that, or I'm just sensitive to blueberries and kiwi, and that's it...hopefully. I would like to go to a doctor and get allergy tested for some stuff, but I don't have an appointment for a while, and I'm doing okay just experimenting for now. Honestly, the only thing that bugs me is having to explain that I'm cutting out things like (some) fruits from my diet to my mom...she's been becoming cooler about what I'm eating lately, though.

I was going to start by cutting out blueberries and kiwi for a few days. But it seems like there's some salicylate content in all of the vegetables i've been eating and all of the fruits I was planning on getting...

Hmm, i'll see how my face looks tomorrow. This would definitely explain why I'm itchy after literally every meal though...and why I might have broken out a few days ago after consuming too many blueberries...and why it's still not completely healed.

If it turns out that most fruits are problematic for me, I figure i'll just start the GAPS diet. I definitely feel like food allergies and intolerances can be cured (for most people) so I can at least have FRUITS without problems. It seems like a GAPS esque diet would help with that. I hope so.

EDIT: To answer your question more precisely, I've been eating more blueberries as of late, and now that I think about it, my acne has been acting up a little more than usual as of late as well. For as long as I can remember, whenever I eat kiwi, parts of my tongue swell up and hurt, sometimes for days. Even before I started eating better. It's starting to make sense.

I don't seem to have trouble with grapes at all...maybe i'll try eating just grapes for fruit for a little while and see how I fair. Though a GAPS diet is starting to sound more and more atttractive.

People who have problems with citrus often say to stay away from kiwi, I think it's considered a citrus fruit technically. Blueberries are usually pretty safe for most folk but too many is still a lot of sugar, albeit the best kind of sugar, as you may know.

I never started the GAPS diet in it's entirety. I made lots of bone broth and substituted meals with it for about a week on and off. Slurped a couple eggs yolks, plopped on some sauerkraut, the usual. I still try to include these practices pretty frequently, minus the eggs, which I'm avoiding for awhile (yet I may make a batch of hardboiled ones for work tomorrow since I'm running low on ideas...). I believe bone broth to be very healing but eating tons of it at a time make my trips to the toilet very...splattery.

The teeny area on the back of my jaw towards my ears has felt funny lately, like the glands there are tight. I also have a spot there on one side. Perhaps it's from cooking with butter, since I've noticed dairy makes me get spots in those areas (I'm tempted to buy a bottle of goat kefir to rereretest this theory wink.png ). Or chocolate I rereretested the other day.

I think I'm going to just give up. Not on diet, that's too dependable. But just fighting with and worrying about acne. Maybe I'll go zen on this one guys. And just. Fuhgeddaboudit.

Edited by corgisoulpower

I just read somewhere on these forums that blueberries can be problematic for some people. I figured I'd research why...and all that came up was that peopel can become allergic to the salicylates and phenols...the very antioxidants that are supposed to heal you! Haha.

I'm less stressed out than I was when I started this thread (and even then, I wasn't too stressed out when I started the thread)

I'm hoping it's just something specific to the blueberries that are really problematic. Regardless, I feel like if I get any more sensitive to anything, I would go on a GAPS like diet anyway. *shrugs*

Corgi, you sound like me at many points in my life. Just giving up. Giving in. Not in a bad way, just in a "why am I sacrificing peace and happiness" sorta way. I support you fully, and it's an awesome place to be, though it might be scary for some. I've given in to many things in my life...like total misery, wanting acceptance from people, wanting to be perfect looking. I still get caught up in that here and there, but for the most part, I've accepted faults and found that life is incredible as it is, even directly in the midst of chaos. I'm glad you're finding that too, and you'll realize that contentment and joy do not lie specifically in events, though you are able to just enjoy good things that happen in life without worrying about them leaving...

Not sure why I typed that, just feeling sentinmental. Your words have helped me many times, and I'm thankful.

Anyway... :D

I just read somewhere on these forums that blueberries can be problematic for some people. I figured I'd research why...and all that came up was that peopel can become allergic to the salicylates and phenols...the very antioxidants that are supposed to heal you! Haha.

I'm less stressed out than I was when I started this thread (and even then, I wasn't too stressed out when I started the thread)

I'm hoping it's just something specific to the blueberries that are really problematic. Regardless, I feel like if I get any more sensitive to anything, I would go on a GAPS like diet anyway. *shrugs*

Corgi, you sound like me at many points in my life. Just giving up. Giving in. Not in a bad way, just in a "why am I sacrificing peace and happiness" sorta way. I support you fully, and it's an awesome place to be, though it might be scary for some. I've given in to many things in my life...like total misery, wanting acceptance from people, wanting to be perfect looking. I still get caught up in that here and there, but for the most part, I've accepted faults and found that life is incredible as it is, even directly in the midst of chaos. I'm glad you're finding that too, and you'll realize that contentment and joy do not lie specifically in events, though you are able to just enjoy good things that happen in life without worrying about them leaving...

Not sure why I typed that, just feeling sentinmental. Your words have helped me many times, and I'm thankful.

Anyway... biggrin.png

AWWWWWW ;u;

Lol wow, isn't it cool being allergic to EVERYTHING?

In a way, I'm kind of glad I'm finding this out... it sort of reaffirms my belief that things like this can be treated and cured given the right materials. I've been doing a lot more research on the GAPS diet and I'm thinking about ordering the book off of amazon. The author has a section on phenol/salicylate sensitivities. The intro stages seem to avoid fruits as well, which makes me hopeful. I hear to really make it work you really have to stick with it. I'm only a little apprehensive that something negative might come out of it, like my symptoms get worse. I don't have a real reason for believing that, i've been reading miraculous success stories, and most of the people who disapprove of it i've found to have some sort of shady bias or they don't really know what they're talking about according to others.

I wish these practices were a little more mainstream though, it would be nice to have real life support. Still. It would be nice to one day be free of these food allergies. I don't believe a diet of avoidance is the answer for me...

EDIT: After more reviewing and researching of diets designed to heal the gut wall (which is apparently the source of food intolerences and allergies), I feel better having read that my experience is not unique. Going gluten free for the most part, has had many benefits and rewards, yet I kept finding that I was slowly becoming sensitive to other foods. I feel confident that I can make the GAPS diet work for me, considering my symptoms aren't too bad, and my intolerances aren't too bad either. I feel much better about presenting this info to my mom, and have her on my side. I think i'll actually be able to fully explain to her what I believe is going on. I've ordered the GAPS Guide (not the full GAPS book written by Dr. Natasha Campbell, the Guide is a condensed version that is less detailed about what/why your gut is the way it is and more about what you need to do + testimonials) and the GAPS cook book. Can't wait to get them and start implementing the steps. It'll be strange, but I've already gotten a feel for dieting to heal your health, and so has my mother, so it shouldn't be anything too crazy.

I'm feeling good about this!

I also suspect I have the same issue.

Have you taken aspirin? If so, did you notice any rashes/hives around 2 hrs - 3 days after ingestion?

If not then chances are pretty good that salicylates aren't your problem.

Oh nearly forgot. Gut health - try colostrum, probiotics, MSM, aloe vera, healthy fats (olive oil, fish oil). I'll add more if I think of any smile.png.

Edited by TDNB

I thought salicylate was an ingredient in aspirin? Wouldn't being sensitive to it mean it is my problem?

Thanks for the tips lol. I'll be following the GAPS protocol, as it is more structured, which is something that my whole diet approach has been lacking haha.

Right. If you didn't notice hives or rashes or discomfort when taking aspirin, then you can probably rule out salicylates

If you're really serious about getting better you could also try an elimination diet. (not sure if gaps is the same)

I haven't done it myself but i'm meaning to surprised.gif

Edited by TDNB

http://www.tacanow.org/family-resources/phenols-salicylates-additives/

You know, I can't stop thinking about this now.

I laugh at inappropriate things all the time HAHAHAHAHAHA

SEE?!

But in all seriousness, I think I'm gonna try avoiding 'em for awhile. I've been eating a lot of raw red cabbage and tahini lately and my throat kind of feels tingly after...phenols are supposed to be good for you too, it's so strange.

Also a GAPS book would be handy, I think what prevents me from doing it for realzies is the fact that I work and do stuff throughout the day. I'd have to buy a thermos and chug broth all day, I guess? Maybe the book would explain more in depth how to delve into the diet while also keeping up with daily life?

Wow, no apples for awhile. I never thought I'd see the day. Perhaps this is why my throat used to (and still may, for all I know) itch when eating bananas. Oh, produce. Why such a double-edged sword?

"Track what your child eats and watch for any negative behaviors/reactions (extra hyperactivity, stimmy outbreaks, rashes on face/bottom, violent outbreaks, or night wakenings.) My son used to laugh at night for an hour (scary!), but after I removed bananas from his diet, those episodes disappeared!"

Lmao.

Right. If you didn't notice hives or rashes or discomfort when taking aspirin, then you can probably rule out salicylates

If you're really serious about getting better you could also try an elimination diet. (not sure if gaps is the same)

I haven't done it myself but i'm meaning to surprised.gif

Ohhh haha. The aspirin test... I might actually try it, though my face is already in pretty bad shape right now so i'll wait a few days to try it. I've been feeling sick since I ate a clif bar last night (cross contamination with wheat and 20g of soy protein isolate...i get queesy just thinking about it now...)

I'm avoiding berries for a few days and sticking to just salmon and vegetables until my GAPS books arrive.

GAPS is different from an eliminations diet. Eliminations diets are diets of avoidance, which will definitely help, but that doesn't always mean you will heal the issue. Apparently, if all you do is avoid your certain trigger, you can develop sensitivities to other foods. The idea behind GAPS is that the initial stages are supposed to detox the intenstinal tract, and repopulate it with good bacteria while giving you adequate nutrition to actually heal the gut...instead of avoiding what irritates you. At first, I figured that I would just avoid gluten, up my intake of fruits, veggies, and meat to compensate, and I'd be good. This has throw a wrench in that plan, but perhaps for a good reason. We'll see soon enough. Thanks for your input so far though TDNB!

http://www.tacanow.o...ates-additives/

You know, I can't stop thinking about this now.

I laugh at inappropriate things all the time HAHAHAHAHAHA

SEE?!

LOL I actually read the inappropriate laughter symptom somewhere else too...

I don't really have any of the symptoms listed other than being itchy on the lower part of my face for a few hours. Not sure what to make of that though.

I've been having red cabbage as of late too, though its been steamed.

They might have a section on being on GAPS with a busy life. I was surprised at how thorough the author was with questions and FAQs. You can actually find a class online on helping you implement the diet into your everyday life. She really does come from a good place with all this information.

I'm looking more into GAPS now. So this diet can actually "fix" sensitivities, in the sense that it heals the gut?

I think we all have the same thing going on here. I also get itchy in the bottom part of my face in the jawline area and I have been getting acne there more than anywhere (possibly hormonal?).

I also have strange allergies/sensitivities to things such as: bananas, apples, cherries, pears, melons, plums, nectarines, peaches, avocado, cucumbers, dates, possibly kiwi, mint. Most of which are high in salicylates!

More or less with each but I do get the strange tingling and itching in the throat after ingestion. So I absolutely avoid those things which I know isn't good.

At completely random times I get strange allergy-like symptoms (trouble breathing).

I have actual (tested/documented) allergies to: nuts, sesame, grasses (ragweed: chamomile), pollen, and whatnot. I wonder if GAPS can help those..

Interestingly enough. If you look at my self-diagnosed sensitivities, and compare them to high salicylate foods they match up. I've bolded the ones that i CERTAINLY react to.

Salicylates are naturally occurring chemical compounds thought to interfere with the production of several brain chemicals, including norepinephrine, acetylcholine, and dopamine. Foods containing salicylates include: apples, apricots, berries, oranges, nectarines, grapes, peaches, plums, cucumbers, tea, and tomatoes.
Edited by TDNB

I'm looking more into GAPS now. So this diet can actually "fix" sensitivities, in the sense that it heals the gut?

I think we all have the same thing going on here. I also get itchy in the bottom part of my face in the jawline area and I have been getting acne there more than anywhere (possibly hormonal?).

I also have strange allergies/sensitivities to things such as: bananas, apples, cherries, pears, melons, plums, nectarines, peaches, avocado, cucumbers, dates, possibly kiwi, mint. Most of which are high in salicylates!

More or less with each but I do get the strange tingling and itching in the throat after ingestion. So I absolutely avoid those things which I know isn't good.

At completely random times I get strange allergy-like symptoms (trouble breathing).

I have actual (tested/documented) allergies to: nuts, sesame, grasses (ragweed: chamomile), pollen, and whatnot. I wonder if GAPS can help those..

Interestingly enough. If you look at my self-diagnosed sensitivities, and compare them to high salicylate foods they match up. I've bolded the ones that i CERTAINLY react to.

Salicylates are naturally occurring chemical compounds thought to interfere with the production of several brain chemicals, including norepinephrine, acetylcholine, and dopamine. Foods containing salicylates include: apples, apricots, berries, oranges, nectarines, grapes, peaches, plums, cucumbers, tea, and tomatoes.

Looking on other websites at lists of high SAL(an abbreviation was needed) foods, I've found that many but not all of the high SAL foods cause me problems. Maybe if I avoid ALL of them, my strange random reactions and acne will resolve?

But then i'll be unable to eat so much good food!

I never considered phenols, but i'm pretty certain I have the salicylate sensitivity (got a rash from aspirin, pretty sure salycylic acid makes my acne worse).

So all we can really do is fix our gut? BTW if you're not already supplementing glutamine, do that. It's great for leaky gut.

Yeah, I madethis thread when I was overreacting a bit, so I don't think I have a full blow salicylate allergy. It just gets bad when I eat too many blueberries. Kiwis still bruise my tongue and it hurts like hell though, no thanks.

Yeah, do some more research on GAPS. I've googled phrases like "GAPS diet food allergy" and I think pretty much every source I looked at said that they were able to heal their food allergies pretty well, if not completely. I've only read that GAPS won't cure something called "true allergies", which are allergies like if you touch something, you react to it (like dejaclairevoyant's extreme sensitivity to gluten...even touching the stuff makes her body react)

Somebody called Dr. Feingold invented a low salicylate diet for people who are allergic...while I do think that will relieve symptoms, you'd be avoiding so much healthy food that it would be quite a burden, to be honest. From what I've been reading, the GAPS mindset does not support long term elimination diets, as they are symptomatic treatments, and not cures.

I can imagine staying on the diet (and following it strictly for a given time period) will heal up issues. Though I don't know for sure. But I don't have a reason to doubt it. Many people have cured autism in their children...i'm sure it can definitely help with acne and food allergies haha. Many people seem to really passionately support it, and the very few naysayers I've encountered either praise the diet (but for some specific reason they could not do it, in which case they started GAPS esque diets more tailored to their needs) or they simply didn't know what they were talking about (or had hidden motivation).

I think I'll order the guide too, it'll be my bible. :>

Haha same. If all 3 of us started it at the same time, we could be our own GAPS support group on the forum :B

I also get the tongue pain with kiwi. I did some research on the subject and I think we have an allergy to an enzyme called Actinidain. Found in fruits including kiwifruit (genus Actinidia), pineapple, mango, banana and papaya.

Possible reaction symptoms: sweating, tingling and sore mouth or throat; swelling of the lips, tongue and face; rash; vomiting and abdominal pain, heartburn; and, in the most severe cases, breathing difficulties, wheezing and collapse. The most common symptoms are unpleasant itching and soreness of the mouth, with the most common severe symptom being wheezing.

Out of the 5 fruits that have the enzyme i've reacted to kiwi, pineapple, banana, and maybe papaya (pretty sure).

Have you noticed similar reactions to the other fruits? I think kiwi has it in the highest concentration but i'm sure if you have the allergy any of the fruits would give you a reaction if you ate enough.

Haha same. If all 3 of us started it at the same time, we could be our own GAPS support group on the forum :B

Question. Aspirin is Acetylsalicylic acid and it damages the mucosal linings of the digestive tract. Do all forms of salicylic acids do this? They claim white willow bark is a gentler pain reliever. But is that really true?

The guide is only $30 though..

I am totally into the idea of a number of us committing to this.

Edited by corgisoulpower

@TDNB

Kiwi has always given me a bruised tongue. Sometimes it would taste waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too sour too. Like it almost hurts. Now I finally realize what an idiot I've been continuing to eat them LOL.

I haven't quite determined it yet, but I thought blueberries might be giving me bad reactions. I have a feeling it could be some sort of detox or die-off thing I'm going through right now, because I haven't really changed my diet since it cleared me. I hope I'm not becoming more sensitive, but we'll find out. I had some grapes a while ago, and I'm not itchy still... Definitely allergic to kiwi though.

I'm broke from college too haha. Are you living at home? That makes things easier. I don't believe you need to order the book AND the guide to do it, I'm pretty sure the guide is just a really good summary of the GAPS diet (it was approved by the creator of the diet, so it's pretty much official too)

I'm ready to begin too! It's just the books don't get here for another week or so, and then I have to actually read it after that. I might order her probiotics too, which will take longer, unless I can find a good therapeutic strength one (anyone know of one?)

Other than that, I'll definitely set a date when I know one. Should be within a month at the latest. Definitely wish I could start like today though haha.

@Alternativista

http://en.wikipedia..../Salicylic_acid

Based on the wiki page, it seems that in high doses, salicylic acid can be detrimental...so maybe too many berries is where I was going wrong? I wonder about the salicylic acid content is in grapes.

Simply based off the differences in molecular structure between salicylic acid and acetylblahblahblah, I would say that the effect salicylic acid in fruit has on the intestines is probably less than regular aspirin. I don't really have solid ground for making that statement, other than that fruit has too many good things to stop eating it, haha.

The guide is only $30 though..

I am totally into the idea of a number of us committing to this.

I bought the guide and the cookbook which totalled about $45 on amazon. The full GAPS book is much more expensive. It's more detailed with theory, but I think the GAPS guide shall be sufficient.

I'm starting to like the idea too.

Here is the Feingold list of highly phenolic/high salicylate foods: Avoid anything -- food, toiletries, cleaning supplies, art supplies -- that has any of the following ingredients: Synthetic/artificial colors and flavors [for example, FD&C colors, vanillin], BHA, BHT, TBHQ, [all the preceding are made from or related to petroleum], Natural Flavoring (may contain salicylate), Natural Coloring (may contain salicylate), Aspirin and products containing aspirin or salicylic acid, Salicylates, Almonds, Apples, Apricots, Berries (all), Cherries, Chili powder, Cider & cider vinegar (apples), Cloves, Coffee, Cucumbers & pickles, Currants, Grapes & raisins, Nectarines, Oranges, Paprika, Peaches, Peppers (bell & chili), Plums, Prunes, Tangerines, Tea, Tomatoes, Wine & wine vinegar (grapes), Oil of wintergreen (methyl salicylate). Other items to consider are perfumes and fragrances, nitrites and nitrates, monosodium glutamate [MSG], Hydrolized Vegetable Protein [may contain MSG], sulfites/sulfiting agents, benzoates, and corn syrup [made from hydrogen sulfide + corn starch and many other added chemicals].

All the emboldened things are stuff that I have trouble with or suspected of giving me cysts. It also mentions stone fruit and citrus, which people on this forum have had problems with in the past.

Phenols, lectins, salicylates all seem to be concentrated in things people are allergic to...very interesting.

Edited by corgisoulpower

http://salicylatesensitivity.com/about/

http://salicylatesensitivity.com/about/food-guide/vegetables/

http://www.foodcanmakeyouill.co.uk/salicylate/index.html

http://www.westonaprice.org/food-features/plants-bite-back

Oh my god. I really feel like there might be something to this. I'm gonna have to give up TEA and most SPICES?!

Well here goes nothing, time for a low salicylate elimination-type diet.

Damn. So crazy.

Yeah, i'm not going to give up all that. No thanks, lol.

I don't know if I actually am allergic to salicylates... I think I might just be going through some heavy detox, but I don't know for sure.

All the more reason to do a GAPS diet imo, and follow it to the T. I can't wait for those books to get here...