Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rpg90

21 And Acne Starting To Get Worse Help?

Im a 21 year old male and all my life i have never had bad acne or even acne where ive had to go to doctor for. I did get the odd pimple here and there but nothing like this. Im 21 now and just the last 4 months my acne has gotten bad. Lots of breakouts and all over my face. I started proactive which didnt do anything then i went to the derm. and the put me on erythromycine and epiduo. I have been on that for about 3 weeks now and still not changes its not getting any better?? I have no idea why i just started getting acne? anyone help?

First, breathe....breathe....breathe. It's going to be ok. Acne sucks and its a nuisance but it's not forever. Topicals such as Epiduo takes time and i suggest you give it at LEAST 3 Months before you decide to get frustrated and chuck it. It can get worse before it gets better but most people report that at month three (sometimes even sooner), they see some improvement. Read the Topical/Retinoid logs to get an idea of other peoples experiences. In the meantime, hang in there.

Thanks. Yea i have read alot about giving it 3 months. Its just really frusterating. I have alot of red spots aswell which sometimes i think looks worse than the acne it self. I am going to give it time. At first when i went to the derm. she wanted to put me on accutane but i told her i wanted to try all my options before. I dont have sever acne by any means and i dont know if i should do that??Also going to try taking some vitamins and changing my diet see if that helps.

Thanks for the reply :)