Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Puppeteer

Uk Roaccutane Review

Hi There,

Im in the UK and want to go private to get roaccutane.

I wondered if anyone has used bontoics clinic in harley street?

They also list their prices etc, you can see here - http://www.botonics.co.uk/acne-treatment/roaccutane.html

Does anyone know if this is the adverage price for Roaccutane? I dont mind spending £1000 +, but also want to get a fairly good deal.

Cheers!

Why would you go private when you can go to the NHS and pay £7 month for Roaccutane instead of over £1000? It's what we pay our taxes for, you might as well use it. It will take maybe 6 weeks to get a dermatology appointment but you'll be saving yourself so much money.

Why would you go private when you can go to the NHS and pay £7 month for Roaccutane instead of over £1000? It's what we pay our taxes for, you might as well use it. It will take maybe 6 weeks to get a dermatology appointment but you'll be saving yourself so much money.

Probably because it can be incredibly hard to get an NHS Dr to refer you with all the hoops you have to jump through.

I found it quite easy to get my referral for my Derm and got Accutane on my second visit to her?

Granted theres a few things you have to do before you get Accutane as it is a last resort however, it depends if a couple of hoops are worth over £1000 to you?

I know I'm glad in a way to have tried other stuff before being put on Accutane and I'm also glad I am getting it on the NHS considering how much Tax and N.I I pay every month.

Anyway, moving back to the actual question in hand.

I know a couple of people who have had a procedure of some sort (not acne) and they thought it was fine. I would check all your options first of all though as well as reviews online and maybe even seek a second opinion from a doctor for a referral to a derm as you never know, they might just do it for you. I literally asked for a referral and I got. I chose my doctor wisely though (compassionate lady that had acne as a teenager herself as apposed to the clinical GP that used to say no to my every request).

Sorry for the essay!!