Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thrillpink

Do Scars Get Better After Accutane?

I didn't have any scars before accutane (only red marks), but now I have a few shallow boxing scars and some ice picks.

Could these maybe improve once i get off it? Since the skin is supposedly thinner while on accutane.

I would assume so as your skin is supposed to plump up after it.

I have gotten scarring from accutane that I never had before. And my derm kept pushing accutane because she wanted to prevent possible scarring from my mild/moderate acne.......ironic.

But even though I am still on accutane I've noticed a lot of my shallow scarring already faded since I haven't been getting actives. I always thought accutane could help with scarring because the rate at which your skin sheds is much faster.

Don't worry though, scarring should go away in time as long as it isn't severe. In the mean time vitamin C is supposed to help.

Yeah my acne wasn't severe either and didn't leave any scars, but since on accutane every pimple I got left a scar.

I hope it will plump up a bit!

Really not looking forward on using more topicals after this like retin-a or someting.. What was the whole point of accutane then tongue.png

Do you mean vitamine C as supplements or topical?

Edited by thrillpink

Okay thanks! Never knew you had to think about your blood type with supplements... I don't even know mine lol

Do you feel like it's helping?

Okay thanks! Never knew you had to think about your blood type with supplements... I don't even know mine lol

its really hard to tell if it's just the natural healing of my skin or not but I am definitely seeing a LOT of improvement in my scarring in the past month (since I started taking vitamin C but this is also the month I've stopped getting breakouts). All the little ice picks are disappearing and the rolling scars on my forehead are less and less noticeable. I think the rolling scars on my cheeks might even be filling in....not sure I'll have to see a comparison monthly not daily. My parents keep telling me that my scarring is improving.

Be careful you don't take too much. I take about 500mg - 1000mg a day. You shouldn't go over 2000mg.

How long have you had the shallow scarring? I can almost guarantee that it will go away because it's most likely only on your outer layers of skin, and that skin sheds quickly during treatment.

its really hard to tell if it's just the natural healing of my skin or not but I am definitely seeing a LOT of improvement in my scarring in the past month (since I started taking vitamin C but this is also the month I've stopped getting breakouts). All the little ice picks are disappearing and the rolling scars on my forehead are less and less noticeable. I think the rolling scars on my cheeks might even be filling in....not sure I'll have to see a comparison monthly not daily. My parents keep telling me that my scarring is improving.

Be careful you don't take too much. I take about 500mg - 1000mg a day. You shouldn't go over 2000mg.

How long have you had the shallow scarring? I can almost guarantee that it will go away because it's most likely only on your outer layers of skin, and that skin sheds quickly during treatment.

Ohh that's so great you're seeing so much improvement :D How long have you been on accutane?

I've had mine since my last break out on accutane, so for about a month or 6 weeks I think. I really hope you're right :P

Ohh that's so great you're seeing so much improvement biggrin.png How long have you been on accutane?

I've had mine since my last break out on accutane, so for about a month or 6 weeks I think. I really hope you're right tongue.png

I've been on accutane for 4 months now..actually almost 4.5. but the first month I kind of messed up on and stopped taking it for a little bit then only took 10mg for a bit and made my way up to 40mg where I am now.

I experienced a lot of breaking out in the first two months, and only started to stop breaking out around christmas time. My forehead broke out first in october and the scarring is now improving...so that's about 3-4 months. It'll take time but you'll get there. My cheeks seems to be healing faster, I still have tons of hyperpigmentation but its going away slowly.

I'm going to assume that most of my scarring will be gone or almost gone in the next month or two seeing as how quickly my skin is healing since im not breaking out. I am supposed to take accutane for like 8 months because my body cannot handle high doses... :(

Ohh that's so great you're seeing so much improvement biggrin.png How long have you been on accutane?

I've had mine since my last break out on accutane, so for about a month or 6 weeks I think. I really hope you're right tongue.png

I've been on accutane for 4 months now..actually almost 4.5. but the first month I kind of messed up on and stopped taking it for a little bit then only took 10mg for a bit and made my way up to 40mg where I am now.

I experienced a lot of breaking out in the first two months, and only started to stop breaking out around christmas time. My forehead broke out first in october and the scarring is now improving...so that's about 3-4 months. It'll take time but you'll get there. My cheeks seems to be healing faster, I still have tons of hyperpigmentation but its going away slowly.

I'm going to assume that most of my scarring will be gone or almost gone in the next month or two seeing as how quickly my skin is healing since im not breaking out. I am supposed to take accutane for like 8 months because my body cannot handle high doses... sad.png

Yeah, hyperpigmentation is a bitch. My right cheek is healing pretty good, but my left cheek is just totally falling behind o_0

I think it's better to be on a low dose though! I'm on 50mg and actually wish I stayed on 40. I'm almost 3 months in now. About 2 months to go I think. Can't wait :D

DId your scars fill up after all? I'm on month 7 of 120 mg and i feel the same way about my scars that i never had before.. sad.png

I'm still on accutane, so i can't tell you anything yet sorry!