Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KLNHL

Manuka Honey

How many days did it take for you to fade your hyper pigmentation using manuka honey?

I have some really really bad blotches on my face and I'm asian so i pigment easily. I'm also using differing and dual and using manuka as a cleansing mask for 2-3 hours before applying the gels. I really need to get this crap off my face by next week. Gah.

Thanks

I've been having amazing results with manuka honey (I've been using it for about two weeks) but by no means has it gotten rid of all my hyper pigmentation. It's reduced it quite a great deal though in the almost two weeks since I started using it. Hyper pigmentation and scarring takes a very long time to fade! There is no way manuka honey will get rid of all of your hyper pigmentation and scarring in a week. It can reduce it greatly though. Getting rid of scarring takes a lot of time and care. Good luck!

I wash my face/back/chest with it in the morning in the shower, and I use it as a mask at night. I've been using it for two weeks (as of tomorrow). At night I make myself a cup of chamomile lavender tea, and brew some in a little bowl as well. Then I splash my face with water, pat it dry, and apply a thick layer of UMF 16+ manuka honey. I generally let it sit anywhere from a half hour to an hour, while I drink my chamomile lavender tea. Even before I started using the manuka honey I was using chamomile lavender tea topically. I actually think the tea helps with the scarring more than the manuka, the results haven't been much faster since adding the manuka, but it helps a lot with active acne. I also mix tea tree and vitamin e oil into my topical tea at night, so I suspect the vitamin e oil is helping with the scarring as well.

i started using my manuka mask umf 10+ twice a day morning and night on sunday. my skin feels really soft afterwards and the redness did get a little lighter. I'm just really hoping the really big pigmented blemishes can be gone in another 4-5 days before i head back to school. I'm probably being way too optimistic but god damn i hate looking like a spotted leopard. screw acne.

i leave the mask on from anywhere from 2-4 hours too

If you want faster results try a higher UMF factor. You should be using at least 16+ on your skin! I wanted a 20+ but I couldn't find one at the health food store. To boost your results try chamomile tea topically. I would suggest jojoba or vitamin e oils but I don't know if that might cause your skin to break out. I highly doubt that the big pigmented blemishes will be gone, but the manuka should help some.

Iv been using umf 16+ Manuka Honey on and off for a while now. It has helped a lot, but never really got rid of all my red marks.

Iv been using umf 16+ Manuka Honey on and off for a while now. It has helped a lot, but never really got rid of all my red marks.

Do you use it as a mask? It works better on red marks as a mask than just washing with it.

Do you use it as a mask? It works better on red marks as a mask than just washing with it.

Yea, i slab it on all over my face and usually sleep with it, though its very uncomfortable to sleep with lol.

This is the first time I've heard about manuka honey being used for hyperpigmentation and it's great that people are getting good results with it. Regarding the UMF, I recently answered a similiar question on http://www.manukahoneybenefit.com/reviews/#comment-17. For external use, you should use UMF 16+ and above to ensure that it has the required potency. Anything over UMF 16+ is known as "medical grade" and is traditionally used for healing wounds and ulcers in hospitals.

HI, i have been using Manuka honey for a few weeks. The first week i did the mask for 3 hours/ 3 times a week, it worked very well ; but try leaving it on over night omg it does wonders! I reckon it speeds up the healing process bye 4-5x. So leaving it on for 10 hours or longer on weekends usually 14 hours or so, its like going in a time machine, i feel like 3-4 days into the futre with my skin, it makes your spots red when you have it on, but dont worry be proud to wear your Manuka honey mask! when you take it off; do your routine, then bit of concealer on and bobs your uncle. Btw i am a teenage boy 15 years of age, to all you people out there fuck acne, dont let it get you down, trust me i still pull fit birds and i still did about 5 months ago when my acne was at its worse, also take the banter from friends, just laugh and say its a part of growing up, because lets face it, Acne.....is normal :) piece out guys, there is always hop,x

I buy Wedderspoon brand UMF 16+ manuka honey. It's the only brand I've ever bought though. I like it a lot so I never bothered trying any other brands.

On a side note, they also make a really nice beeswax & honey lip balm with absolutely no chemicals, definitely worth checking out.

Edited by jennifer36

manuka honey (16+ Active) is very good for the health. It is very beneficial. I was having a problem in my stomach from last 2 months, My friend suggest me about this manuka honey. I have also gone to the doctor, he also recommended me manuka honey. So, i am using this from last 40 days and now I have got a lot of relief.

fish oil capsules