Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jamiefaith2

In Week 2-3, Do I Need More Bp? Please Help!

So, i'm in my 2nd or 3rd week, not quite sure which week, but...i feel like my face is not dry at all. The first few days it was extreemly dry, the the point where it was red and burning and flaking off and looked awful, but not anymore, and i'm using a full fingers worth of BP (NOTS) and i'm wondering if i should be amping up the dosage. I feel like the NOTS doesn't penetrate all the way, i'm patiently waiting for the products I ordered from Acne.org to come in the mail, but it's taking forever. I feel like it's really working well, but that it would be working better, so i'm wondering if i should be using more BP? I'm currently using Cetaphil cleanser, NOTS 2.5% BP, and Cetaphil moisturizing lotion. I have some AHA but i don't really use it cuz it makes my skin itch so so much. But i want my old spots to go away, so do i use the AHA? iF i do use the AHA, annd it is itching me, do i just leave it on for as long as i can and then wash it off. I don't understand how people can leave that stuff on all night!!! It itches my face like crazy. ANd why is my old acne, the ones that are healing itching so bad!? it's driving me nuts, lol. it makes me want to keep loading on the BP, thinking maybe if i keep putting BP on it, it will help the itching????

I feel like i am seeing some progress, but i really need some advice and some help from everyone please.

you're still too new at the regimen to be using AHA. I would suggest waiting at least 5 weeks. I think that's what Dan suggests. Some people can't use AHA because it's too harsh for their skin. I'm one of them. I don't recall being too dry and flaky the first few weeks, but as time passed, it did get more dry. Be happy you're not peeling, it sucks! =P I'm still battling flakes and it's so annoying.

waaaahh, i just want my skin to be clear now!! lol. I feel like i get less and less pimples as the days go on, and the old ones are slowly fading, i just wish they would be gone now. :( HOpefully sooner than later.

You are too early in the regimen to use AHA, so don't do that yet. And as far as dryness, it is normal to not be terribly dry right away, it will set in though. I think my first 2 weeks I wasn't super dry, then it got REALLY dry for a few weeks, then started to tone down around week 5-6. My dryness is pretty much gone now, except my forehead flakes still for some reason... Don't know why it's just my forehead, I don't even put much bp on it lol oh well. Good luck.