Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ILoveMyPuppy

On Regimen For 3 Or More Years Now

And have stuck with the regimen like it is a religion. Every day and every night I do the whole process exactly as directed with no alterations. I even still change my pillowcases frequetly and use a different face towel everyday (Always doing laundry w/ no fabric softner). And lately my skin has been really acting up. Im ok, with getting an occasional few pimples, but now I am getting one massive pimple each month after one clears up and I am also getting white heads ( which was the main problem and reason for starting regimen).

What should I do?

Do you think i need to change up my products?

Is it possible my skin no longer agrees with the regimen?

Currently using:

Purpose Gentle cleanser

Proactiv repairing lotion 2.5% bp (Dan's bp never got me as clear as this one, and this applies a lot better)

Cetaphil Lotion

Have you always used Cetaphil Lotion? That causes many people whiteheads.

Your regimen likely needs to be tweaked. How about adding the AHA at night or a salicylic or glycolic toner in the morning after you wash? Mario Badescu has great toners.

Have always used cetaphil, and is the only one that doesnt irritate my skin. Tried many others when i wanted a less heavier mostuirizer. I incorporated toner after a year on the regimen bc i had always enjoyed toners prior to starting regimen and thought it would help w/ dryness and flakiness (It doesn't but it makes for nicer makeup application.)) I have been using Clinique Mild clarifying lotion as recommended by paula begoun beautypedia.com. And just currently taken it out of my regimen hoping it would help.

And AHA or BHA has always made whiteheads worse

When I tried the Cetaphil moisturizer, it gave me whiteheads, and it's possible your skin has changed a bit over the course of years.

The toner you're using is'nt likely causing whiteheads but it may not be doing anything to help them either. This cucumber toner from Mario Badescu has some clearing ingredients but is supposedly not drying. I like the Special C toner, but that is a stronger toner with sulfur in it. I have not tried it yet because I'm using a 10% glycolic gel, but the MB glycolic toner has no alcohol but is said to both exfoliate and help with acne. I really like how MB uses minimal ingredients.

CL_cucumber.jpgCL_glycolic.jpg

Maybe it's time to make a dermatologist appointment? The Regimen worked for me, but the acne is back, and now, the Regimen's not working. And I have really bad PIH. I made a derm appointment. It's on February 28th.

Hi. From your story i would suggest that perhaps a change of benzoyle peroxide might help. Maybe something a little stronger. I used a 4 percent BP in all my time on the regiment. I dont do the full reg no more as it worked wonders and ive been clear for a few years but i would suggest that a different stronger BP might help.

Ok, so the problem stopped. I think it was caused by too much stress. So i rejoined the gym and tried not to stress as much, and was incredibly careful and gentle applying and doing everything.

Sometimes I guess slowing down helps too (applying products and life).

Thanks for all the input!