Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wicker12

Anyone Else Ever Experience This?

In the past 6 months, I have been experiencing something that is starting to worry me. It has only happened 3 times, but it is very strange. I get a red bump on my face that tingles and itches. I can feel it coming, and it lasts for ten minutes or so. The bump and about half an inch radius is red. Then, as quickly as it pops up, it goes away. It hasnt occured in the same spot on my face, and the three times it has happened have been very random. One in the early morning, one in the afternoon, and one at night. Once while I was driving, once while I was home, and once while I was at my girlfriends house. There seems to be no connection between any of the occurences. It looks just like a zit, but not as raised. Anyone know anything or experience anything like this? I use Dans regime, but I have been on it for a year and a half (not a reaction to it). ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

In the past 6 months, I have been experiencing something that is starting to worry me. It has only happened 3 times, but it is very strange. I get a red bump on my face that tingles and itches. I can feel it coming, and it lasts for ten minutes or so. The bump and about half an inch radius is red. Then, as quickly as it pops up, it goes away. It hasnt occured in the same spot on my face, and the three times it has happened have been very random. One in the early morning, one in the afternoon, and one at night. Once while I was driving, once while I was home, and once while I was at my girlfriends house. There seems to be no connection between any of the occurences. It looks just like a zit, but not as raised. Anyone know anything or experience anything like this? I use Dans regime, but I have been on it for a year and a half (not a reaction to it). ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like it might just be some sort of allergic reaction, or hives.

That's what I thought too. But I can't seem to find a link between the occurrences. Like what triggers it.

I'm going to guess-Hives. I get those. Sometimes small and sometimes spaced all over my chest up my neck.

Histamine is released which results in the hive from what I can understand. It's attacking whatever is making the body feel compromised. Thus releasing histamine. Allergic reactions, chemicals in certain foods, insect stings, sunlight exposure, or medicines can all cause histamine release. Sometimes it's impossible to find out exactly why hives have formed. I get hives from anxiety, stress, lack of sleep, and all of the above. My Dr. did a scratch test on my inner forearm. She took a toothpick or you can use your fingernail(washed clean of course) and scratched it down the length of my arm. Within seconds of the test my scratch was raised and red. Hence, the histamines attacking the compromised skin where the scratch took place. I have overly sensitive skin. Skin that reacts for some reason to everything. Finding out why is not easy. Like I said before, it can number of reasons. I take an OTC anti-histamine pill when my skin is presented with hives, rashes, and whatever it decides to be sensitive about that day.