Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jefrey

Top Acne Products You Would Recommend

I am doing some research lately and I am wondering if someone can give me a hand. Based on your experience, what would be your recommended top acne products in general (package or kit )

and so forth

Edited by jefrey

Your question's a bit unclear... are you looking for products specifically that treat acne? And are you looking for individual products or kits, with several products in them?

I'll assume general individual products...

1. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo - 5.5% Benzoyl Peroxide and 0.1% LHA - the one thing I cannot live without because it's cleared up my skin without irritating or damaging my skin.

2. Neutrogena Acne Stress Control 3 in 1 Hydrating Treatment - 2% Salicylic Acid - feels like a light serum that helps moisturize the skin.

3. Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream - 10% AHA - great for chemical exfoliation.

Hi Jefrey,

I would recommend Aknicare. I use the remover, the lotion, the cream and the skin roller. There's no side effects, which is why I chose to go down this route and not antibiotics and roaccutane etc. The active ingredients used in Aknicare are triethyl citrate and salicylic acid.

1) The Remover contains two special ingredients: MSM has calming and soothing properties and Triethyl Citrate (works like retinol) changes the skin conditions to help normalise skin thickening by slowing down excessive production of new skin cells and helps to reduce the deposition of soft keratin in the surface layer of the skin.

2) The Lotion is an active product and really does need to be used with the cream to stop your skin from drying out too much. I only use it when my skin gets bad. It optimises the environment so that normalisation of oil levels and skin shedding can occur, while also re-establishing the correct diameter of the pilo-sebaceous duct. The Lotion takes a little time to boost linoleic acid levels whereas (sebum)oil production may slow down faster resulting in initial increased skin moisture loss, resulting in drier skin.

3) The Cream alters the skin environment to regulate and maintain normal sebum production (up to 50% reduction). It has a dual function through its remarkable hydrating properties to help reduce cellular water loss, promoting and protecting crucial barrier function. It also contains an anti-bacterial agent and products to assist in calming and soothing inflammation and scarring risk reduction.

4) The Skin Roller Contains the active sebum reducers, found in the lotion, calming and soothing agents, antibacterials, to provide fast relief in reducing blemishes or stopping their development. I also reduces spots in two ways, by mopping up the inflammatory agents produced by bacterial action, while also reducing the body's reaction to these agents at the same time.

Thanks but I am looking for products that are in set like GBloom posted

Your question's a bit unclear... are you looking for products specifically that treat acne? And are you looking for individual products or kits, with several products in them?

I'll assume general individual products...

1. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo - 5.5% Benzoyl Peroxide and 0.1% LHA - the one thing I cannot live without because it's cleared up my skin without irritating or damaging my skin.

2. Neutrogena Acne Stress Control 3 in 1 Hydrating Treatment - 2% Salicylic Acid - feels like a light serum that helps moisturize the skin.

3. Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream - 10% AHA - great for chemical exfoliation.

Edited by jefrey

From my personal experience, nothing works better than Clinique acne solutions (it's called anti-blemish solutions in certain countries e.g. Australia). Use the 3-step skin care diligently, 2 times a day. It works like no others and if you live in the US it's relatively affordable, plus they always run promotions with bonus gifts. I can't tell enough people about how great it works. The next other thing that worked for me was Accutane but boy was that damaging to your body.