Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chestercool

Could Cats Allergy End Up In Acne?

Hi guys!!

Well i started getting acne again on october 17, I remember some days ealier, around october 13-15, we found a kitty on the streets and brought it home. Could this be affecting my acne somehow? inflammation maybe? The allergen might trigger inflammation and make my inmune system weaker, leading to new food allergies or sensivities....what do you think?

Of course it could be a huge coincidence, my diet hadnt been so good. However, last time I controled my acne in less time and with a non-so strict diet and sleep. Every opinion is appreciated

Edited by Chestercool

Yes, I think any allergy could present itself in skin lesions or rashes. It depends on your body and the way it reacts. If I touch gluten, I get lesions on my face exactly as if I ate gluten. So it makes sense that if you're allergic to cat hair it could do the same. Of course I don't know for sure, but it's possible.

Yes, I think any allergy could present itself in skin lesions or rashes. It depends on your body and the way it reacts. If I touch gluten, I get lesions on my face exactly as if I ate gluten. So it makes sense that if you're allergic to cat hair it could do the same. Of course I don't know for sure, but it's possible.

wow, i never thought that was possible, in how many time after touching gluten you get a lesion? so if you touch it with your hands you break out?

Yep. The other day I was at a friends house and she asked me to feed her dog a biscuit. I got it out and fed it to the dog without thinking. Within a few minutes I had cysts popping out on my face. I was like wtf! Then I looked and realized those dog biscuits are made from wheat. It's happened countless times, stupid me for not checking.

Yep. The other day I was at a friends house and she asked me to feed her dog a biscuit. I got it out and fed it to the dog without thinking. Within a few minutes I had cysts popping out on my face. I was like wtf! Then I looked and realized those dog biscuits are made from wheat. It's happened countless times, stupid me for not checking.

Celiac's, huh? That is amazing. Celiac's disease is so crazy how it affects some people. I remember reading an old thread here about how in the 20's or 30's kids were taken away from their families by the government because they were thought to be 'malnourished' and not looked after properly, when in actuality they had celiac's.

Edited by corgisoulpower

Yeah... I was emaciated and accused of being anorexic the entire first part of my life. I had such self esteem issues over it, plus I would binge eat trying to gain weight. Little did I know I wasn't absorbing anything because of my ripped up intestines. :(

Yeah... I was emaciated and accused of being anorexic the entire first part of my life. I had such self esteem issues over it, plus I would binge eat trying to gain weight. Little did I know I wasn't absorbing anything because of my ripped up intestines. sad.png

Sorry to hear that...the good thing is you know the cause

My feet have been flaky, that might be a sign of an allergic reaction. Also, i have a cold, it shoudnt had happened since im exercising, sleeping well and having a good diet. I suffered from moderate allergies symptoms 4 years ago, i was allergic to dust, and i began a receiving shots, i felt so much better. However, my colds are usually too strong and im still suffering from some symptoms such as a runny nose while i exercise. The point is my inmmune system doesnt work the wat it should and that kitty could be the cause of these pimples.

I'll give the kitty to someone else, I have this feeling it is the main cause of these breakouts

Yeah... I was emaciated and accused of being anorexic the entire first part of my life. I had such self esteem issues over it, plus I would binge eat trying to gain weight. Little did I know I wasn't absorbing anything because of my ripped up intestines. sad.png

My feet have been flaky, that might be a sign of an allergic reaction. Also, i have a cold, it shoudnt had happened since im exercising, sleeping well and having a good diet. I suffered from moderate allergies symptoms 4 years ago, i was allergic to dust, and i began a receiving shots, i felt so much better. However, my colds are usually too strong and im still suffering from some symptoms such as a runny nose while i exercise. The point is my inmmune system doesnt work the wat it should and that kitty could be the cause of these pimples.

What about vitamin D which is very important for the immune system? And other nutrients that may be hard to get, even with a good diet. For example, beef and dairy from antibiotic cows probably won't have all the B12 it should. And if you avoid processed fortified foods, and don't supplement and aren't getting the b12 from seafood and certain other good sources, you could be deficient. Also, if you don't have enough HCL you can't separate the B12 from the proteins and so won't absorb it. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/230714-good-things-for-acne-cliff-notes-to-clear-skin-health/page__view__findpost__p__2585034

Thanks. I'm all better now. smile.png Sorry to hear about your kitty problems. I love kittys.

I love cats too, today i gave it to a friends uncle, im sentimental, so i cried, my councious tell me im evil =/ well....its for a good cause, i hope my acne symptoms subside.

I had another cat too, just that this is half siames, i read siames breed are the less allergic, i think thats why i dont have problems with him. Anyways, i can see he feels lonely now, he is looking for the kitty :(