Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
abcxyz1

Acne Around Mouth

[sorry for bad english]I have acne around my mouth, 95% on chin, 5% above upper lip [below nose]. this is the ONLY area i have acne.

is it possible that my whole face is clear yet the only place i have acne is on my chin? I also found out that it maybe be a reaction to toothpase, stopped using it. didnt help... than I also found out it might be reaction to food, i stopped eating dairy and stopped eating junk food\etc... didnt help.... than I saw that it might be gluten\bread, food that contain critic acid[havent tried yet eating gluten and critic acid free diet]... than I also read that alot of fats may cause acne around motuh.... too many carbs also... so the only thing im left with is protein.

dam, maybe I should stop eating and thats it?

help please.....

Edited by abcxyz1

I'm also having the same problem with you. I have changed my toothpaste now (I did a test where I used another brand for a week and no acne came out) then I used the same brand which I've used for years, acne started to break out. I changed my toothpaste now. I'm now using BP 2.5 % to keep acne under control (I didn't follow Dan's regimen). So far, after a month use of BP, the result is somewhat good. Have you tried drinking tomato juice (w/o sugar)? some people said it helps. Well, I'm still struggling with those acne.

BP is cool but im not going to for the rest of my life, the problem is something with food reaction [i think]. drinking tomato juice without sugar? how the hell should that affect acne? isnt it better just to eat regular tomato?... btw tomato contains alot of critic acid [wich may cause my acne around mouth...]

i have the same problem. i've been observing this for 8 years now and i can say in my case it's got nothing to do with food or alcohol, i don't touch my face much, it's not the toothpaste. the only correlation i see is with stress. i work in a psychiatric clinic and therefore i am constantly stressed. idk what to do about that, i mean i can't quit because of some pimples...?!

stress?..... this is something new..... how does stress cause acne?

I know stress raises cortisol level>more sebum produced on specific areas. but can it be THAT bad to actually cause acne? doesnt make sense.....

[sorry for bad english]I have acne around my mouth, 95% on chin, 5% above upper lip [below nose]. this is the ONLY area i have acne.

is it possible that my whole face is clear yet the only place i have acne is on my chin? I also found out that it maybe be a reaction to toothpase, stopped using it. didnt help... than I also found out it might be reaction to food, i stopped eating dairy and stopped eating junk food\etc... didnt help.... than I saw that it might be gluten\bread, food that contain critic acid[havent tried yet eating gluten and critic acid free diet]... than I also read that alot of fats may cause acne around motuh.... too many carbs also... so the only thing im left with is protein.

dam, maybe I should stop eating and thats it?

help please.....

Typically, no one thing will immediately cause you to clear up. A healthy lifestyle (i.e. exersize, healthy diet, avoiding trigger foods, GOOD SLEEP) will usually help to clear up acne if continued over the course of a few months. Plus it's kick-ass for your body in general.

I can relate to your situation--when I get breakouts they almost always appear on my chin, sometimes in my mustache area. And trust me, I KNOW how frustrating it can be to give up sugar, dairy, etc. and not see immediate results. It's especially hard because most people I know with acne tend to check their faces every day, often times multiple times a day, hoping for improvement. It's pretty difficult to notice any improvement that way.

My advice would be live a healthy lifestyle, try not to stress, and give it time. There are PLENTY of users on here who have great posts on how to do this more in depth.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/forum/16-nutrition-holistic-health/

A cornucopia of information on how to get clear and stay healthy :)

Good luck, peace out B)

stress?..... this is something new..... how does stress cause acne?

I know stress raises cortisol level>more sebum produced on specific areas. but can it be THAT bad to actually cause acne? doesnt make sense.....

well there are times when i'm totally clear. this is when i manage not to stress. stress that causes acne for me is like cramps in my stomach, like nervousness before an exam. i have this very often. whenever i can go a few days without this nervousness i get completely clear. there has never been a time when i felt this nervousness without breaking out the next day. but maybe i'm an exception...

I used to have acne before but it mostly gone and this is my natural skincare routine that i used to treat my acne and blemishes I hope this may help ../../..//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

Morning + Night

1. Cleasing methods

Morning + night - honey and apple cider vinegar

Night - scrub ( honey+brown sugar+olive oil or grape seeds oil ) must be very gently when scrub your face, I do 3times per week

2. Toning (mixing apple cider vinegar + green tea ) you can also apply apple cider vinegar direct to the pimple at night and leave it til you wake up

3. Apply Aloe Vera Gel to the whole face that will help to calm your redness and dry the acne

4. Apply Tea Tree oil to the acne

6. Moisturize with oils (mixing these oils together and apply to your face included : jojoba oil + rose hip oil + emu oil ) 2-3 drops only

Its not as quick as other acne treatment products but if you're patient and follow these steps it will work, I'm not sure if it will work for you but it did work really well for me, I'm using this skincare routine for about 2 months and now my skin is very clear and glowing, likes most of the products out there when first time you using this it may break out a little bit but after 2-3 weeks it will stop and work really well.

1. don't eat red meats

2. Eat more veggies + fruits (1/2kg fruits per day)

3. Sleep early ( a cup of milk + 1/2 spoon of raw honey) will help you sleep well

4. Exercise

Good luck