Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

has anyone tried to slightly abrade your skin with sand paper, once a week, like a homemade microdermabrasion? or is it a stupid idea?

There is a medical procedure called dermasanding. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find very much info about it. Like OursFan, I would not recommend this.

No, no, noooooo! You could cause further scarring, infection and God only knows what else! Go with Tamara's suggestion or book an appointment. bb_wink.gif

Do not do it even though I suggested it in one of my posts. The irritation to your skin will cause too many problems.

My suggestion is SA for a while.

BHA's are not so bad and help a bit is smoothing skin texture.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=26693

For me exoderm looks like a good way to go but I am waiting for many doctors to become experienced in this technique with the benefits of lower costs for the patient.

Exoderm seems to give better improvements than dermabrasion

I second Oldguy's question. BTW, Oldguy, you really don't look old. You look like a rocker to be honest, with the long blonde hair and all. And that's a compliment.

when i was younger i tried "sanding my skin" down with a sponge similar to dermasponge.. man i scrubbed and scrubbed.. well to make a long story short, my skin hypo-pigmented years later. My cheekbones have a more whitened look and believe me, it doesn't look good.. so don't even try it, even if you are desperate..

ok, thanx, i was just wondering, it was not to smooth scars with sand paper, just to get rid of rough skin, nothing that really matters. It s just that my derm wants me to get microdermabrasion done (8 x 160 USD) and it s seems a lot of money for uncertain results.