Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maximus Decimus Merideous

I Really Wanted To Like The Aha!

I am pretty sure Dan's AHA breaks me out. I wanted to like it so badly, because I love the idea of exfoliated every once in a while. I use dan's regimen with all of dan's products, and it is working wonderfully. However, whenever I apply AHA, i get a few pimples immediately after. When I was on the regimen a few years ago the same thing happened. It really sucks, but for some reason my skin just doesn't like it. Anybody else have this problem? it seems like AHA is a heavensend for most people.

I'm gonna look into some masks or something for exfoliation

me too, me too! i use it on my back twice a day but that's all i can use it for. try washing with baking soda. someone on here suggested it to me and it's pretty amazing. only do it 1-3 times a week though. instead of exfoliating, it sort of dissolves the skin flakes. it's pretty neat and it doesn't aggravate your skin.

Yeah it sucks huh! People rave about it, but iv never been able to use it, and I still cant'. Iv tried once a day, once every two days, and once a week...nothing helps. hmmm interesting, ill look into the baking soda wash. I also might try Mychelle's pumpkin peel mask. The ingredients are all really good, and it got great reviews around different sites.

BY THE WAY for noobies to the regimen, I am on over two months with the regimen and 95% clear (the 5% is prob because of AHA lol), so i feel confident with experimenting a little bit with other things. If you are less than 2 months on the regimen, do not experiment with other products.

hmm that sounds good. where do you buy it? when i went to school for massage therapy they taught us different face masks and pumpkin was one of them. it's really great for the skin! let me know if you try it out and how it works.

I had been using Dan's AHA too and really liked how my skin felt, and I could tell that my skin looked better. But I also started noticing small bumps on my forehead (more rash like than acne). So I've now switched over to Lumiplexion's Glycolic 10%,

Do you use Dan's moisturizer? His moisturizer and AHA both contain the licorice root, which I'm wondering if people are reacting to.

The other thing I notice is that his products contain a lot more ingredients than Lumiplexion. His AHA has 20 ingredients and the one i'm using now has 12. I'd be happy to share the ingredients if you want. Lumiplexion comes in a 2 oz bottle for $17. It's 1/3 of the product you get with Dan's, but you also use a lot less. It's a clear gel and I use two mini pea size pumps. With Dan's, I was using about 4 dime size globs.

WhattheKell, you may be able to use Lumiplexion's as well. They also have a pumpkin mask that looks nice, but I haven't tried that one yet :)

hmm that sounds good. where do you buy it? when i went to school for massage therapy they taught us different face masks and pumpkin was one of them. it's really great for the skin! let me know if you try it out and how it works.

Got it online from Mychelle's website. Its called incredible pumpkin peel, i'll let you know how it is!

I had been using Dan's AHA too and really liked how my skin felt, and I could tell that my skin looked better. But I also started noticing small bumps on my forehead (more rash like than acne). So I've now switched over to Lumiplexion's Glycolic 10%,

Do you use Dan's moisturizer? His moisturizer and AHA both contain the licorice root, which I'm wondering if people are reacting to.

The other thing I notice is that his products contain a lot more ingredients than Lumiplexion. His AHA has 20 ingredients and the one i'm using now has 12. I'd be happy to share the ingredients if you want. Lumiplexion comes in a 2 oz bottle for $17. It's 1/3 of the product you get with Dan's, but you also use a lot less. It's a clear gel and I use two mini pea size pumps. With Dan's, I was using about 4 dime size globs.

WhattheKell, you may be able to use Lumiplexion's as well. They also have a pumpkin mask that looks nice, but I haven't tried that one yet smile.png

I do use Dan's moisturizer (plus like 8 drops of jojoba lol), I love it. It really hasnt caused me any problems, and it's made my skin glow.

Hi All,

I've had the same issue with AHA. I tried it when my acne was most clear (it's never been REALLY clear) to help the scarring, but it also made my skin very itchy - different from the dryness/itching from BP. Same with my body acne. Someone mentioned possible allergy the licorice root, but the moisturizer doesn't seem to bother me at all, and in fact works well.

Perhaps I didn't use it long enough because of the seeming negative effects. Has anyone used it for a longer period of time with these same initial results and had it start helping?

i suggested the licorice may be an issue because it's the main difference in Dan's new moisturizer, and a lot of people don't seem to like it.

It's possible the AHA is just too strong for some people's face, just like BP is, or it's the other 90% of ingredients in that particular formula that is causing an issue.

I switched over to Lumiplexion 10% glycolic (AHA). It's forumulated very differently. With Dan's, you cannot put on anything over it. It will roll or flake right off. It doesn't absorb completely into the skin. With the AHA I use now, you put it on before BP and it absorbs completely into your skin. You cannot rub it off.

So like everything, different products are forumated different. So it's worth trying the AHA in another product to see if it can work for you.

Edited by Ripon10