Notifications
Clear all

Salicylic Acid In Spray Form?

MemberMember
(@allison12)

Posted : 01/09/2012 10:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been using salicylic acid pads on my chest, and they're working really well. I can't reach my back to apply there though.

I was thinking that something in a spray form would be better. Neutrogena offers one but it's not available in Canada, and they won't ship here.

Does anyone in Canada use anything like this? Or can anyone recommend a way to get salicylic acid on my back more easily? I've tried using a S.C. wash but it doesn't work for me.

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 01/09/2012 11:40 pm

How about purchasing a back lotion applicator that you should be able to find at a drug store; get some double-sided tape and tape the pad onto it to apply to your back? Or you could use a salicylic wash with one of these applicators versus the pads. See piicture below.

back.jpg

MemberMember
(@allison12)

Posted : 01/10/2012 1:39 am

Thanks! That would work if I could find a salicylic acid lotion. I find the wash doesn't work not because I can't apply it, but my skin just doesn't respond to it.

The pads don't have enough product on them to really cover my back anyway - I have to use 2-3 just for my face.

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 01/10/2012 11:30 am

I would suggest trying a sulfur soap for your back. You could use an applicator such as this and it would cost you a lot less than the salicylic pads.

As far as the spray goes, Neutrogena has a body spray with salicylic and so does Nature's Cure.

MemberMember
(@jb00)

Posted : 06/12/2014 10:04 am

I buy a generic salicylic acid solution and transfer the contents to a sprayer. :) save me a lot of moooooooooooney :)

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 06/12/2014 10:27 am

Hey I use a salicylic acid body lotion from Paulas Choice and I also think Murad do a salicylic spray too.

MemberMember
(@theguynextdoor)

Posted : 06/25/2014 2:19 am

I use the BodyBuddy lotion applicator to apply sunscreen, treatment creams, and lotions to my back. One of the best things I've ever used; so much easier than the typical long-handled stick with a pad on the end of it. I keep one in the shower and use it for back scrubs and washes, and then I have one for applying lotions and creams. It's awesome. [removed]

MemberMember
(@supersloan)

Posted : 01/10/2016 10:53 am

Powderma has a really nice acne treatment applicator as well that I use for my back acne.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 01/10/2016 12:58 pm

neutrogena makes a salicylic acid spray http://www.neutrogena.com/product/body+clear-+body+spray.do
paulas choice makes one as well (probably better too) http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/paulas-choice/_/Clear-Acne-Body-Spray

MemberMember
(@baldrianperlen)

Posted : 01/18/2016 6:35 am

there is a japanese one as well: https://www.amazon.com/Esuteni-medicated-body-mist-300ml/dp/B00IFROMPE/

it has 1% salicylic acid

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 01/18/2016 9:05 pm

Just for some thought, but I switched from saliclyic acid containing exfoliators a while back and just use a mixture of lime and lemon juice. Dip a cotton ball in it and apply to skin. Put the remainder in the fridge and go to sleep with it drying on. Wash off in the morning and you set!

Just on paper ascorbic acid compares to a qualitative potency salycilic acid and wins with more beneficial contributions. Also does a great job at toning my skin color and virtually eliminating any hyperpigmentation marks from acne scarring. It can help with the more troublesome scarring as well, but I'm not entirely sure how effective it is. Maybe if it's combined with glycolic acid containing lotions.

Oddly scarring is a rare occurrence for me and I'm much more prone to just have a little black spot from hyperpigmentation after an acne sore. No matter how behemoth the pimple was in size, I'd never get a indentation or a loss of smooth feeling.

I wash my back with just a thick bristled brush and water. Majority of bacne in my experience falls onto overlooked hygiene habits like routinely changing sheets, avoiding wearing the same shirt back to back on a regular basis, and avoid sitting on furniture without a shirt on. Also it doesn't hurt to use a brush on your back before the shower for dry exfoliation. The more aggressive friction due to the lack of water helps degrade the strength of the protein holding together our cells (keratin).