Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I see this product everytime im in the store and i get keep wondering...Does it work? So, i would like to know if this product is any good?

How does is compare to proactive(as it says it better than proactive on the box)? Has anyone tried it? Did you see any improvement?

I don't wanna buy this and waste 20.00$ if it doesn't work. So please, if anyone has use this product i would really like to know if it did anything for you, thanks. :)

Edited by HiImMatt

I've suffered from acne for at least 10 years now. When it first started, I turned to Proactiv and remember it working really well, but at the time, the only way it was offered was having it automatically shipped to you every month and it was pretty expensive, so I stopped using it.

I've been using AcneFree for the last 3 years. They also have AcneFree Severe. My honest opinion is it doesn't work as well as Proactiv did for me. It did, for the most part, clear it up for some time.

Recently it's been getting bad again, which I think is due to the fact that my skin has gotten used to the 10% Benzoyl Peroxide that's in AcneFree, which is way too severe for your skin and shouldn't be used. I found that out a little too late. Now if I were to try to use 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide--which I have tried--it would no longer work.

Honestly, you can use BP for a lot longer than 3 years and maintain your skin. The trick is that these systems are designed to be one size fits all. That simply cannot work for everyone's skin. Over time your skin begins to exfoliate less; your skin may become drier, oiler, etc. You need to be able to tweak your system when it needs tweaking. And unless you're very educated on what products to use, seek out the help of an esthetician that specializes in acne. Unlike doctors, they are not trying to push meds or doctor visit appointments. I use Lumiplexion products, which is run by an esthetician who specializes in acne. I've used her products for over 20 years. My two daughters now use her products to maintain their skin as acne runs in our family pretty strong. Dan's regimen is a great regimen for many people, and I would say more effective than Acne-Free. The only downside of this regimen is that he only offers BP for treatment and no one-on-one advice.

i used for almost 5 years. did help but my acne got too bad for it to maintain. better then proactive imo but seems more damaging