Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ocean27

Anyone Else On The Water Only Regime?

Hi guys!

My skin is quite sensitive and I've become a bit fed up with all the chemicals and soaps I've been using to clear up my breakouts/

As a result, I've recently started the water only regime for my skin :) + taking 2 omega-3 pills everyday.

Is anyone else on this regime?

I've been wondering if washing should be followed by a moisturiser? (e.g Neutrogena sensitive skin lotion)

Or should I just stick with water only?

Flaking has been an issue for me ever since I started the regime (last Thursday) so I'm quite tempted to moisturise but worried at the same time that the regime won't work for me if I do so :(

If you have dry skin you HAVE to moisturize because dry skin will cause wrinkles in your skin because of lack of moisturizer. I heard jojoba oil is a good one, and it's all natural.

I don't use soap. But those of you calling it a 'regimen', 'the water only regimen', 'caveman regimen' etc., have some very confused ideas about it.

Not washing with a cleanser means not stripping away the acid mantle of your skin. At least not as much, because tap water is usually slightly alkaline. Whether or not you can apply moisturizer has little to do with that. The moisturizer you choose might have something that irritates your skin or clogs your pores though. You'll just have to try it.

If your skin is still dry after washing, then apply a small amount of an oil. Or try oil cleansing. Google the oil cleansing method for tips.

More info on topical treatment of the skin http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/230714-good-things-for-acne-cliff-notes-to-clear-skin-health/page__view__findpost__p__2591468 Scroll down a little further for info on sebum quality.

Edited by alternativista

I can't really do this because I use makeup a lot of times and you really need to wash it off with soap.

Have you tried oil cleansing? I wear makeup and remove with oil. Although I'm not really concerned with getting all of my mineral makeup off. Just the mascara and other eye makeup so often just use it on my eyes.

I was using water only for a while. It helped me a lot, but not enough. For me it served more as a reset button, when I started using products again I chose more carefully. I'm only a couple of months in and my skin is almost totally clear (still got a couple stubborn blackheads).

I don't use soap. But those of you calling it a 'regimen', 'the water only regimen', 'caveman regimen' etc., have some very confused ideas about it.

Not washing with a cleanser means not stripping away the acid mantle of your skin. At least not as much, because tap water is usually slightly alkaline. Whether or not you can apply moisturizer has little to do with that. The moisturizer you choose might have something that irritates your skin or clogs your pores though. You'll just have to try it.

If your skin is still dry after washing, then apply a small amount of an oil. Or try oil cleansing. Google the oil cleansing method for tips.

More info on topical treatment of the skin http://www.acne.org/...ost__p__2591468 Scroll down a little further for info on sebum quality.

i was reading about the OCM and they mentioned castor, jojoba, olive oil etc. but i haven't seen emu oil being mentioned. can emu oil be used with this or no?

I can't really do this because I use makeup a lot of times and you really need to wash it off with soap.

Makeup clogs pores. No matter if it's mineral or not. Period.

Makeup clogs pores. No matter if it's mineral or not. Period.

Yeah, I doubt any makeup is good for the skin, but I love it anyway! It's fun! It doesn't break me out or anything.