Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slowandsteady

Do Shallow Rolling Scars Fade?

Title says it all, I have some very shallow rolling scars because I had painful and inflamed acne all over my cheek / forehead. You can't really see the indents unless looking in the right light and scrunching my skin together in a way. Or when I smile you the indents are more pronounced.

There is still a lot of hyperpigmentation on my face so they haven't fully healed yet and are very shallow. So is it possible for them to fill in? It's only been about 2 months since my skin started to heal from my nodules/cysts and im noticing lessening of hyperpigmentation.

if anyone has experience with this it would be a lot of help, thanks.

My dad had some shallow rolling scars and some icepick scars. The rolling scars are pretty much gone, the icepick scars are nearly gone. He didn't do any real treatments, since he only recently got into skin care during the last three years or so. However, it did take him about twenty years.

It also depends on the person. If you have fast-healing skin, like my family, then it's possible the scars will fade on their own.

As always, though, contact a dermatologist for an expert opinion.

Edited by DRaGZ