Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
staystrong88

How Bad Are My Scars?

I had a cystic acne breakout last march and it last until may and after that was acne here and there.

It has left my with a lot of indented scars for some reason.

AM i still in the healing process, as its been healing really slow.

Im wondering how bad it really is and what can i expect within one year? better looking than now or same?

What treaments can make it look better than this?

I have very oily and sensitive skin. Im olive complex.

post-165427-0-25087800-1326142016_thumb.

post-165427-0-25087800-1326142016_thumb.

Um...you should probably wait for a year and see how it heals and then get laser treatments if you feel like you need them.

i agree with cherryx i would wait a year and save that picture on your computer than compare them the skin is a organ and repairs itself but it can only do so much still give it time to heal than decide if you want to get laser treatment or some other expensive treatment. I would also suggest using natural mask like oatmeal and stuff to try to help it. Good luck.

Ice picks and boxcars. Subcision and excision are gonna do you a lot of good.

Be thankful that you haven't got any hypertrophic, like me.

Arguably, subcisions will do nothing for ice pick scars because ice pick scars aren't bound down.

Excisions could work.

The best option is to go see a dermatologist.

TCA cross and excision. Don't let doctors talk you into other shit.

Instead of shunning all other procedures like a crazy person, it would be a lot better to just get multiple opinions from multiple qualified dermatologists and/or plastic surgeons. He should not be taking treatment advice from us in the first place.

Does subcision work for box scars?

I've seen many images of people with scars like yours getting good improvements with subcision. (40-80%, )

Still, you should try to contact a dermatologist :-). Good luck

I've seen many images of people with scars like yours getting good improvements with subcision. (40-80%, )

Still, you should try to contact a dermatologist whistling.gif). Good luck

thanks, thats good to hear. i'm hoping laviv works so it'll help all of us

Thanks for replies. I haven't been to the derm yet. Not really too bothered by it. I have my bad days though!

But also have good days when the woman lookin at me smilin. Guess my scars is not that bad. I think i make it seem bad though.

It is tough shit knowing i had clear skin last year and now my face has bunch of small scars but o well life is not meant to be perfect !

TCA cross and excision. Don't let doctors talk you into other shit.

Instead of shunning all other procedures like a crazy person, it would be a lot better to just get multiple opinions from multiple qualified dermatologists and/or plastic surgeons. He should not be taking treatment advice from us in the first place.

that's what these boards are for, to get the "inside" persepctive of people who are going through the same thing and what they have found helpful, or not helpful. I agree though, hear what people have to say here...but at the end of the day you need to go to doctors and talk with them.

Once the redness goes away you'll prob feel a lot better.

Edited by Nightlilly89

Thanks for replies. I haven't been to the derm yet. Not really too bothered by it. I have my bad days though!

But also have good days when the woman lookin at me smilin. Guess my scars is not that bad. I think i make it seem bad though.

It is tough shit knowing i had clear skin last year and now my face has bunch of small scars but o well life is not meant to be perfect !

Stubbing your toe is life being imperfect. Loosing your car keys is life being imperfect. Getting in an occasional argument with someone you care about is life being imperfect. Having holes in your face that prevent you from getting a job, make people unattracted to you and make you want to put a bullet in your skull is life being INCORRECT.

Stubbing your toe is life being imperfect. Loosing your car keys is life being imperfect. Getting in an occasional argument with someone you care about is life being imperfect. Having holes in your face that prevent you from getting a job, make people unattracted to you and make you want to put a bullet in your skull is life being INCORRECT.

Amen