Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jondoe89

How Many Times A Day Do You Moisturize?

I just started Accutane earlier this week and my face is extremley dry only 1 hour afer using moisturizer. How often do you guys moisturize? I'm at work now and don't have any moisturizer with me so its gonna be like hell. I may drive to the store and pick some up but not sure. Arghh.

Twice a day both times after quick cold shower for me, seems to be enough even though it's sometimes tight especially on the jawline area.

Do people who don't take shower / add in during day just add in on top or clean / wash their face first?

I just ran to the store and got some cetaphil moisturizer with SPH15 and also the jar of moisurtizer. I'm not sure if my dryness/burn is a result of accutane or because I was out all day yesterday in the sun with no SPF. I never wore sunscreen before accutane so I didn't really think much of it as I just started this week.

at the beginning of my course (first two months or so) I moisturized anywhere between 3 - 5 times a day because of extreme dryness.

Now that most of my side effects are gone I moisturize once in the morning and once at night. Moisturizing is healthy and help s with scarring.