Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jakeshake

Retin A For Rosacea?

I remember using retina many years ago. My dermatologist said it reduced my pores size. Well it also made my face very red. But that's because I was putting too much of it on. I want to reduce my pore size again. I am middle aged. Is Micro Retin A safe for rosacea sufferers? Does it help to reduce pore size?

Thanksfor your help.

Hi --- just checking out this forum because I was just diagnosed with rosacea, along with seb derm and of course acne! I use a generic tretinoin cream .1% and it doesn't bother my skin. Of course I follow the directions exactly. I think with rosacea the key is to stay away from gels. There is debate about whether retin-s is good or bad for rosacea. The good thing about is if you have rosacea-acne then it helps the acne...and it helps rebuild the skin which is important with rosacea.

Hi --- just checking out this forum because I was just diagnosed with rosacea, along with seb derm and of course acne! I use a generic tretinoin cream .1% and it doesn't bother my skin. Of course I follow the directions exactly. I think with rosacea the key is to stay away from gels. There is debate about whether retin-s is good or bad for rosacea. The good thing about is if you have rosacea-acne then it helps the acne...and it helps rebuild the skin which is important with rosacea.

Thank you for your feedback.

many people say retin-a worsens rosacea. there's another skin care forum which blame retin-a for worsening rosacea. I used retin-a before but never bothered with rosacea. what about azelaic acid? it helps with rosacea. But, I think the key for treating rosacea is gentle cleanser and stay away from sun.

P.S. I also never get answers here, so I went to another forum.cool.png