Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hula-hoop95

What Should I Do?! (Accutane)

Hello everyone,

I've been on Accutane for nearly 7 months now however only on half dose(20Mg) as i am supposed to be taking 40 mg but once i went up to 30 mg my face went really bad i've already suffered with A reaaaaaaaly bad IB and it's left alot of scarring.

My face is not really clearing up that well i have a really bad cyst on my face at the mo and i cant face going going to school as its so demoralising, im sure alot of you reading this have been in the same position and so i just want some advice wether just to chance it and go up to 30 and then 40 rapidly? i really don't know what to do anymore....I've got no-one to talk to about it and im feeling pretty depressed.

I have moderate/severe acne and im 16

thanks luke :)

Have you talked to your dermatologist about it? Because I thought people were only on accutane for like 5 or 6 months and you're already on month 7.

A lot of it might be your age! My doctor refused to put me on accutane until I was 18, since he said there was no point when I was younger as it wasn't as likely to work. Accutane unfortunately isn't the solution for everyone, my acne all came back within a few months after my course.

Talk to your doctor or derm, but chances are you'll have better results at a higher dose. I was on 80mg/day for a while, and my skin was SO clear during that time. You probably will have an IB when upping your dosage, but it's just all the gunk getting pushed out of your pores. Good luck, I hope things get better for you soon!