Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lotsofun

Purpose Cleanse-Safe Ingredients?

I notice Dan and a lot of people;recommend the Purpose cleanser, but the 3rd ingredient is Sodium Laureth Sulfate; I

thought that was on the'avoid' list. I am not using anything on my face now but that cleanser and I am still

having flaking! Am I missing something?? After realizing that it has the SLS in it I thought it could be that, but then I

realized it has so many recommendations; even from Dan - am I missing something? Is SLS not an avoid' ingredient??

You are going to find SLS in almost all store cleansers. Dan is recommending products that are better than most. I don't like how Purpose has fragrance in it as well. I recommend the Eucerin line over Johnson & Johnson products for store brand.

I think purpose gentle cleanser is the best OTC cleanser. and I've tried quite a few... But to each their own.

Purpose and Clean and Clear are both product lines owned by Johnson&Johnson among others. Fun fact that found out while looking for a cleanser a few years back:

1. Purpose and Clean and Clear for Sensitive Skin Cleanser are the exact same cleanser. Word for word. Ingredient list and formulation match completely. Purpose cleanser difference is the actual less amount sold in the bottle and price. Clean and Clear Cleanser more product for your buck. I would go as far to recommend looking into Johnson and Johnson's Baby Shampoo for product ingredients/formulation. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are same as well. Good news for those who like and use this particular cleanser. You could purchase even more product for the less expensive price. Though, I never looked into the baby shampoo for list...I used Clean and Clear and Purpose. They worked fine for a short duration. Unfortunately I reacted eventually to this product. Granted, I have super sensitive skin. I guess I would be more concerned about the Quaternium 15 than SLS. Quat/15 is a formeldehyde releaser know preservative used in many products. It also goes by other names other than Quat/15. The fragrance is also an unnecessary allergen added. Which makes no sense to add it to cleanser aimed for sensitive skin. Like I said, if it works for you and you like it great. But there are so many better options!

Water, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Tetrasodium EDTA

Edited by gemmyjunebug