Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, after some extensive research of my own, i've started my own regimin till Dan's Regimen that i ordered comes in the mail. I've used COCO butter soap, cuz that's supposed to help clear marks, that didnt work. I've tried the stress wash that i think nutrogena makes, that worked for a little while, then it stopped working. Then i've used the Clearisil (the more expensive wash) that supposed to work on ALL types of acne, the first bottle worked, then it stopped working. SO now i'm using some Aveno skin brightening wash, which doesnt' do anything, so i went and bought the PanOxyl bar soap and the nutrogena spot treatment 2.5% BP, and some generic 10% BP for my existing blemishes. I have some Bare mineral moisterizer that's worked for me in the past, that i'll use till i receive dan's stuff.

So basically what's i've been doing is mixing the PanOxyl Bar with the Aveno and washing as Dan directs. Then i put on the 2.5% BP as Dan has directed, and let that dry, and then i put on the 10% on my existing blemishes to help clear them up. Then a while after that i put my moisterizer on. Seems to me that just in the past week that i've been using the BP, (cuz i haven't used everything i listed for long other than the BP) but my face seems to be doing so much better. It seems like i still have a pimple or two coming up here and there, so idk if that means that it's doing better i guess. but the scarring looks like it's subsiding. IDK, i just hope that my acne clears up, i can't take the pain and embaressment anymore.

The only thing that is really bothering me is the horrible dryness that i'm experiencing. It sucks a lot. I hope my face adjusts to the BP soon cuz i look like a shriveled up old lady. haha, even my daughter commented today and told me that my face looked better, but that i look old, :( i'm only 29 i don't wanna look old.

Jamie

Edited by Jamiefaith2

For the dryness, did you order some of the jojoba oil? Some people find great success adding a bit of that to the moisturizer. Dan's moisturizer has jojoba oil in it already, but you definitely get an extra kick by adding it. If you didn't order the jojoba this time, try some Vaseline at night. Vaseline is more of a barrier. So if you put some moisturizer on, wait a few minutes, and then add a little Vaseline over your face, it will seal in the moisture. Like jojoba, it is "supposed" to be completely safe, but everyone's skin is different. Good luck on the regimen.

Actually today i went to a vitiman shoppe and i got some Jojoba oil, some omega 3 supplements, and some AHA (which i guess i'm not supposed to use yet). I did apply the jojoba oil and it's great, my skin isn't dry anymore! YAY!!! But idk, now it's just the waiting game of if this regimne will work and how long will it take to work if it works. I just really hope it does work, i'm so depressed. I dont' want to even go out of the house, i dont' want to put make up on to hide it cuz i am afraid it will aggravate it worse. Even tho i use Bare Minerals make up, i still feel like it will stop air flow to my skin, and idk, just trying to do exactly what Dan and eveyone else says. Obviously i will wear make up if i have somewhere important to go, or if i go out with my BF, but i will wash it off the minute i walk in the door. I can't believe what a toll this acne has had on me. My mother calls me vain becuase i'm so devastated by the look of my face. but i don't care if she thinks i'm vain, how can i be vain when i'm uglier than sin right now...grrr, fml!

Just a friendly note, Bare Minerals has mica and bismuth in it which are known acne causers. I loved the coverage it gave me when I used it but realized very quickly that when I used Bare Minerals, it made my acne SO much worse. I'd just hate to see all the time and effort you're putting into the regime go to waste because of the makeup you're using. Do some research... it's horrible for us acne sufferers.

I used Bare Minerals for a long time. I think almost all mineral makeup has mica as a major ingredient. My daughter uses it now and got the okay from our esthetician. I use Everyday Minerals but it's main ingredient is mica as well. I guess with makeup it's the lesser of the evils.

Regarding your regimen, give it time. If you stick to the regimen and are consistent, you will see clearing. It will likely take a few months. You can mask with "plain" yogurt to reduce redness in the meantime. It's messy so wear a bib and let the yogurt dry.

Ok, so then what kind of make up should i be using then??? I'm getting so frustrated! lol, i feel like everything i do makes me get acne. My cousin says she uses revlon oil free foundation, and it's the only thing she can use on her face, (she's suffered acne a lot as well.) @ ripon10 what is an esthetician??? SO should i go with a liquid oil free foundaiton? Or should i stick with the bare minerals. Plain yogert helps with redness??? I'll have to give that a try!