For Those Frustrate...

Notifications
Clear all

For Those Frustrated With Dryness...

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 01/06/2012 6:15 am

Don't worry! There's a light at the end of the tunnel. I notice so many posts about dryness and people being frustrated and upset about it, and I have been replying to quite a few of them with the same answer so I figured I'd just start a thread for it so people can read it easily.

If you are starting out, dryness is completely normal! From minimal dryness to A LOT of dryness, everyone is different. I was extremely dry and flaky for my first month or so on the regimen and it was very annoying. I was going through moisturizer like no other. But... It is going to subside! Trust me.

By weeks 4-6 you should be up to the full amount of bp on the regimen and that is great. Now your skin knows what it needs to get used to and will be able to fully acclimate to the regimen. Shortly after this time (for me it was about week 4) the dryness will start to subside since you are no longer increasing the amount of bp. You are staying consistent, and your skin likes this!

The dryness can drive you crazy, and when it starts to go away, it can be a slow process and take up to a month to be completely gone. For some it is never completely gone but it will be close! Just be patient with your skin, and clear, normal, non-dry skin will be yours eventually.

Last but not least, do not stop using bp or stop increasing to the full amount unless you are experiencing burning, or some other sort of allergic reaction symptoms. DRYNESS IS NORMAL! Keep progressing with the regimen, you will get clear if you stay on track, and then the dryness will subside. If you veer off the regimen because you don't like the dryness, it will take longer for the dryness to go away completely, and longer for your skin to clear. Power through it and you will reach that light at the end of the tunnel!

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@marronn05)

Posted : 01/08/2012 9:30 am

Hi there

I was just wondering if you had an answer for this! I am on the regimen 9 months now and honestly, my face is perfect. I have to use a lot more moisturiser than recommended as my face is very dry, this generally takes a few hours to absorb (I put this on another thread). I'm a stay at home Mom so it doesn't really bother me that much and is a very very small price to pay in my opinion. My question is though, about ten days ago a red patch appeared on my face, it's totally flat and just looks really raw and irritated. I didn't reduce my BP as at this stage I shouldn't need to but I did reduce the length of time I'm leaving it on from 10 mins to 5 to see if that helps. Day ten and there hasn't really been an imporvement. I'm just wondering if this red patch will eventually disappear if I just keep going. Normally I'd dab some sudocrem or an exzema type cream on that wee bit but obviously only the three products are allowed (can't get AHA or johoba oil where I am). I've no problem riding this out if it will go eventually, the only worry I have is that as Dan says irritation = problems and this definitely looks irritated! Thanks so much in advance!

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 01/09/2012 6:11 am

Hmm. I'm not really sure what it is, but I do know I have gotten irritated spots/patches before that stay extra red and dry for a couple weeks or something. I just try to use extra moisturizer on it and maybe not get as much bp on it til it goes back to normal. Seems like it just gets irritated by something randomly and takes awhile to go back to normal because the regimen prolongs it... That's all I got really. Like i said ive had something similar a couple times hat lasts a cople weeks, so thats my guess. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@marronn05)

Posted : 01/10/2012 10:33 am

Thanks a million for the response. I'll just wait it out so, no biggie! Thanks again!

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 01/13/2012 5:40 am

No problem. Let me know how it goes!

MemberMember
(@radovan)

Posted : 01/16/2012 3:19 pm

Swj48 - Some people on this forum have been doing DKR for over a year and are still reporting extremely dry and flaky face. Im confused and affraid. I am in my first week and I have problems with dry and flaky face especially around my mouth.

I have one question for you: Can flakiness help with fading of red marks from old acne?

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 01/17/2012 8:03 pm

Swj48 - Some people on this forum have been doing DKR for over a year and are still reporting extremely dry and flaky face. Im confused and affraid. I am in my first week and I have problems with dry and flaky face especially around my mouth.

I have one question for you: Can flakiness help with fading of red marks from old acne?

Everyone reacts differently to these treatments. My post is presenting the average reaction and time period for dryness to occur and then subside. For myself, it started to subside between weeks 4-6, but even today my forehead is always more dry than the rest of my face for some reason, so I only do the regimen on my forehead at night. So yeah, just keep in mind that everyone is different, but if you follow the regimen precisely you are likely to have an experience similar to the one I described.

Being in your first week, dryness, particularly around the mouth, is very normal. I was VERY dry around there, my eyes, and my forehead, with moderate dryness envoy where else for the first month. Be patient and continue following the regimen. As you increase the bp, you will also probably feel as though it is more moisturizing than drying by week 3-4, but you will still feel tight after applying, hopefully not terribly dry though by week 6ish.

As far as red marks and dryness, I'm not sure if there is any direct association with dryness/flakiness and fading of red marks. I doubt it. The flakes are dead cells coming off, but red marks are deeper than that and heal over time until the skin pigment is back to normal. But, I don't know for sure, that's just my guess. I suppose shedding off dead layers of skin could possibly get down to the red mark quicker if that is how it works, but Im pretty sure it is a pigment issue that just takes time and the more you prevent new acne, the quicker red marks will fade.

Hope this helps. Good luck and stick with it! Oh and absolutely keep upping the bp dosage! This is crucial.

Oh, and one last note: buy some jojoba oil! It works wonders for dryness/flakiness. Mix 2-5 drops with your moisturizer in your hand right before you apply it each time and you will likely see a tremendous difference.

MemberMember
(@radovan)

Posted : 01/18/2012 10:53 am

Swj48 - Thanks a lot for your advices, I appreciate that. Today is my 1. day of week 2 and it seems like my face is less dry and flaky but maybe its just my lucky day smile.png . I have 3 new acne that are big, red and under my skin and I know this is my first breakout that will go away. Anyway, I am very motivated, confident and I want to succeed with this regimen.

Tell me one more thing. My plan is to patiently and persistently go through this regimen for 2,3 months or more until im clean. After that I am thinking of taking the 3 step treatment only in the evening in order to keep my face clean. What do you think of that? Is that enough to keep acne from coming back?

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 01/19/2012 1:13 am

Swj48 - Thanks a lot for your advices, I appreciate that. Today is my 1. day of week 2 and it seems like my face is less dry and flaky but maybe its just my lucky day smile.png . I have 3 new acne that are big, red and under my skin and I know this is my first breakout that will go away. Anyway, I am very motivated, confident and I want to succeed with this regimen.

Tell me one more thing. My plan is to patiently and persistently go through this regimen for 2,3 months or more until im clean. After that I am thinking of taking the 3 step treatment only in the evening in order to keep my face clean. What do you think of that? Is that enough to keep acne from coming back?

Again, just depends. Everyone is different. For example: Dan says he can never stop doing the regimen twice a day, as he instructs, or he will break out. But many other people, after doing it for 3-6 months or until clear, are able to reduce to just at night. I sure hope I can do that someday! I hate doing it in the morning because it takes so damn long to get ready after I shower, but we shall see. Once you are completely clear, try it out for a week or so, and see what happens. But be warned, you may breakout and need to continue doing it twice a day for longer.

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 01/19/2012 2:26 am

Thanks for posting this Swj48, I'm sure many people will find it useful. My experience was very similar to yours, with the first 5 weeks or so experiencing very dry and flaky skin but around week 4 I started using AHA+ and that really made a huge difference. When I first started using the AHA+, I had to also put on a layer of moisturiser and jojoba oil over the top, but now I can just use it without moisturiser.

I'm now up to month 4-5 and my skin is completely clear, and for the past month I have only been following the regimen once a day without any adverse effects. So yes, everyone's experience is different and it is important to experiment once (and only once) you are perfectly clear.

Good luck with the regimen to all those who are trying it. Follow it persistantly & exactly and you wont be disappointed with the results.

MemberMember
(@radovan)

Posted : 01/19/2012 7:10 am

Thanks again. My face is definitely less dry and flaky now and without using jojoba oil. I think my skin isnt that sensitive after all :) Thats a signal to upper bp dosage which i did today, on the 2.day of week 2.

I am also hoping I could reduce the regimen to once a day in the future. Doing it in the morning is annoying, takes a lot of time, and a LOT of money to do it twice a day. Only night regimen would be great.

Cheers!

MemberMember
(@swj48)

Posted : 01/19/2012 8:13 pm

Thanks again. My face is definitely less dry and flaky now and without using jojoba oil. I think my skin isnt that sensitive after all :) Thats a signal to upper bp dosage which i did today, on the 2.day of week 2.

I am also hoping I could reduce the regimen to once a day in the future. Doing it in the morning is annoying, takes a lot of time, and a LOT of money to do it twice a day. Only night regimen would be great.

Cheers!

That's great that it is both looking and feeling better! Like I said dryness is different with everyone so maybe your skin is adjusting quicker than most to the bp and your dryness is starting to subside already in just week 2. Keep upping the bp dosage on schedule until you are at the full amount and you will be clear soon! Good luck.

MemberMember
(@lec416)

Posted : 04/07/2013 11:54 pm

Thanks for posting this Swj48, I'm sure many people will find it useful. My experience was very similar to yours, with the first 5 weeks or so experiencing very dry and flaky skin but around week 4 I started using AHA+ and that really made a huge difference. When I first started using the AHA+, I had to also put on a layer of moisturiser and jojoba oil over the top, but now I can just use it without moisturiser.

I'm now up to month 4-5 and my skin is completely clear, and for the past month I have only been following the regimen once a day without any adverse effects. So yes, everyone's experience is different and it is important to experiment once (and only once) you are perfectly clear.

Good luck with the regimen to all those who are trying it. Follow it persistantly & exactly and you wont be disappointed with the results.

Hi ayeaye

When you did eventually switch to once a day on the regimen did you do it at night or in the morning. I'm not sure but being I workout in the afternoons I am trying to decide which is best for me.

Also do you use all of dans products- if not which moisturizer and also sunscreen do you use? Thanks!!

MemberMember
(@cynthiaespinoza89)

Posted : 07/04/2013 12:18 am

I have started and will complete my first 122k this friday, unfortunately I have dryness around my chin and lower left cheek my lops are sooo dry and chapped. I use bp twice a day and about the size of a little finger tip length. my skin seems to take it well just the dryness I use 2 pumps of lotion and oil is this ok?

MemberMember
(@jenniferrobyn92)

Posted : 10/22/2013 2:27 am

Thanks for posting this! The more I read about others dryness the better I feel. I just ended week one and am apprehensive about upping my dose because my skin is SO DRY and i've only been applying a fingertip of bp once a day. I keep thinking "I know it was supposed to be dry but this can't be normal!" lol but I will up my dose to twice a day starting as soon as my jojoba oil comes in the mail this week.The dryness started all around my mouth and has moved like outward toward the edges of my face. So strange but parts are already less dry :) Praying for clear skin soon!

MemberMember
(@juicy-c)

Posted : 10/28/2013 12:02 pm

Ya but I really think its better than acne. I guess it depends on how much acne people have but I think its a small price to pay. And I noticed when I put foundation on it flaked up and looked bad but just use concealer on only spot areas. It works :)