Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pinkfloydforever

How Common Is Acne In Other Places Than The United States ?

I am just curious, my aunt travels alot and came upon Spain , she said the people's skin there looked amazingly healthy. It was very different than the skin that she is used to seeing here in the states. Can someone tell me how relevant acne is other countries, is it just as bad as the states ?

I am just curious, my aunt travels alot and came upon Spain , she said the people's skin there looked amazingly healthy. It was very different than the skin that she is used to seeing here in the states. Can someone tell me how relevant acne is other countries, is it just as bad as the states ?

http://www.safe-food.org/-consumer/shop.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffrey-smith/genetically-modified-soy_b_544575.html

Good thing Soy is not in 90% of our food supply (insert rolling eyes).

I'm Dutch and it's quite common here, but more moderate acne, i rarely see someone with cystic acne.

I was in New York last year and I didn't see a single person with acne :P

thanks for replying guys, but yea i think there is more horrible things in america that contribute to acne. I can be sure that the pollutants floating on american soil with the unnatural water in addition to the food are all major factors to acne here . But no one will ever know.

I'm Dutch and it's quite common here, but more moderate acne, i rarely see someone with cystic acne.

I was in New York last year and I didn't see a single person with acne tongue.png

Really? I also live in the Netherlands and I'm not seeing that much persons with acne...

I live in Scotland and I would say that around 1 in 20 people probably have some form of acne. Although it's mostly light-moderate. How many others in UK would agree?

I think it would be easy to blame our eating habits because people still presume all we eat is haggis,sausages and potatoes but that's not true at all.

Honestly, I'd say it was our drinking culture AND most importantly, not enough sunlight. We only get vitamin D 20 days out of the year!

Not very common. The food quality in America is horrible.

Painfully true! When I was in Russia my skin wasn't so bad and I haven't seen that much pple with acne.

Not very common. The food quality in America is horrible.

Painfully true! When I was in Russia my skin wasn't so bad and I haven't seen that much pple with acne.

Yeah, especially fast food. It's not even real food because it's so manipulated and so far away from nature. I'm so mad at my parents for feeding me that crap when I was little. Now, I make everything from scratch and eat nothing from restraunts or pre-made.

Edited by LiveLaughFart

I'm not sure, but when I worked at an oriental restaurant I saw the chefs with several acne scars all over their faces, mostly their cheeks. None were related and all were from different regions of asia, but you'd have to get VERY close to see them. I'm not sure about adult acne either, but I do think that a healthy lifestyle contributes to acne in some mysterious way. They were very active and healthy and oblivious to anything else. The young servers from similar regions had almost perfectly smooth skin.

thanks for replying guys, but yea i think there is more horrible things in america that contribute to acne. I can be sure that the pollutants floating on american soil with the unnatural water in addition to the food are all major factors to acne here . But no one will ever know.

I agree with you and that is true no one will ever know the real cause .

I was in New York last year and I didn't see a single person with acne tongue.png

I think I'm the only one!

But on a serious note, I see people with acne here, just not terribly often compared to other areas in the country though.

I think the reason for this is that NYC just has in general so many beautiful, wealthy, healthy people though, especially in the nicer neighborhoods of Manhattan. Also NYC-ers tend to get a decent amount of exercise because we in general use public transport, have to walk a couple miles a day, etc.

One thing you VERY rarely see in NYC is obese people, we don't have time to eat, and we drink a lot of coffee and tea which decreases appetite...

My whole lineage of my family is originally Persian and I, as well as my other family members, were born in America. The older generations usually told me that they would get acne but it was never severe, some quick and easy home-made remedies would do the trick. However many of my cousins who are my age and were also born in the United States struggle with moderately severe to severe acne. It's a fact that our bodies aren't reacting well with the man-made chemicals that we are constantly consuming through our diets every single day. Ever since I have cut milk out of my diet, laid low on the meat (although not completely) and drinking plenty of water as well as making sure I have plenty of my daily fruits/vegetables (in order to get the essential vitamins that every American needs) I have noticed a major improvement. However I still find it difficult to cope with the severity, if I change my diet habits, or don't wash my face everyday, I will breakout severely, and its NOT pretty. At times I thought that a partial reason why the United States has a larger amount of people with acne is because we are all foreigners, and because every person is from a specific foreign region, the climate is different, therefore the oil production of their skin conflicts with the climate here in the United States, causing excess amounts of oil to be produced. Thats just a theory however.

Some of the most earliest studies are done abroad, Sweden, Netherlands, so on and so forth in Europe...just google search acne causes in google scholar. Most of the time I read some that were done in the 70s/80s in Sweden (I live in the US, nor am I Swedish) and back in the 70s they had number the people in Sweden with severe cystic acne at 34,000, about 10% of the people that had acne, which at that time was 340,000.

thin people = true story in nyc. i have been to london, australia, asia, boston, etc -- and by FAR nyc are the fittest (a good percentage of girls even look downright anorexic)

it is also true i rarely see anyone with acne! on the subway where the light is GLARINGLY harsh everyone seems to have perfect skin!

when i went to london is when my skin EXPLODED. i think a combination of the water there and sedentary life style triggered my acne explosion!

I lived in Australia for 2 years and my acne was very mild. I returned to Boston and my acne went from very mild to moderate. I think it had everything to do with the food qaulity and the good weather.

in Japan, I've NEVER seen a single teen with acne. I mean TEENS in Japan don't get acne, how awesome is that? Their foods are all organic, lots of vegetables not some processed chemical added horrible shit that we eat here in America. uhh.. even our cows are fed with grains not grass and injected with hormones which then is in our milk.