Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ilikeicedtea

How Noticeable Of A Scar Will Excision Leave?

I have a few boxcars but one in particular is all alone that bothers me. I was thinking of just having it excised completely, a linear scar would be better, I couldn't really find pictures so I googled "mole excision scar" lol. Isn't it pretty much the same thing? You're just cutting out a round piece of skin. My scar is about the size of a pencil eraser. From the pics I've seen I would want to get it done. I only have 4 noticeable scars that are bothering me.

You'll have to try to find out. Everyone reacts a bit different to procedures like excision.

But excision seems to be your best option since you only have four boxcars that bother you.

Also in my opinion boxcars are the type of scars which are probably the hardest to treat.

So my advice is, go for excision. Other treatments usually don't work very well on this type of scars.

Edited by Mr.Don

I agree ^.

It depends on how skilled your PS is. You need a board certified PS to do it. I think a linear scar would look better than a boxscar, personally, especially if the line scar is shallow. I think if it's done right it can look good.

It varies. Most people typically seem to report a thin linear scar in place of the original. Some people have reported this thin scar then disappearing, others have reported the scar sinking back in and reappearing.

ive had an excision that left a line, an excision that appeared perfect then the whole scar reformed, and ive had mole exicisions where ive ended up with a pink round scar far bigger than the original mole, which look freshly pink after many years!

Ugh I don't even want to do it... I personally think it'll look way too weird. Wouldn't it deform your face a little bit? I mean you're taking out a chunk of your face and PULLING the other sides of it together, it just seems too unnatural to me. Jesus christ I wish I didn't fuk up my skin to begin with. I just have these scars for no reason.