Notifications
Clear all

Chia Seeds...

MemberMember
(@ivyey)

Posted : 01/05/2012 11:44 pm

Hi,

I have recently started eating chia seeds, for there omega 3 content. My skin, in most areas on my face has been in the process of clearing up all of its own accord for about two months. A week ago it was in the clearest state it has been in years. It was a godsend because I had just started a job in customer service. I was so happy. For a few days now I have been aware of a few spots that have been virtually clear, growing inflamed again - specifically the 't' zone. It's not anything outrageous but it's still growing worse and I don't know what has changed except chia seed consumption. Perhaps I am eating too much? Or perhaps I am allergic? Should I discontinue consumption to be on the safe side? Ahh, I am so depressed right now

MemberMember
(@facevalues)

Posted : 01/06/2012 2:25 am

Hi,

I have recently started eating chia seeds, for there omega 3 content. My skin, in most areas on my face has been in the process of clearing up all of its own accord for about two months. A week ago it was in the clearest state it has been in years. It was a godsend because I had just started a job in customer service. I was so happy. For a few days now I have been aware of a few spots that have been virtually clear, growing inflamed again - specifically the 't' zone. It's not anything outrageous but it's still growing worse and I don't know what has changed except chia seed consumption. Perhaps I am eating too much? Or perhaps I am allergic? Should I discontinue consumption to be on the safe side? Ahh, I am so depressed right now cry.gif

I wouldn't worry about 'em, just stay happy about having the clearest skin you've had in years. =)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/06/2012 11:00 am

You can try avoiding them for a week or so and see if it makes a difference. Then try again, because it could be a coincidence. Also, try soaking them in water to form. They'll form a gel which you could use to thicken a smoothie or other drink. Or just drink. Some people like it. There are some recipes in the drink recipe thread. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/247794-zag-enzymelectins-and-clogged-pores/page__view__findpost__p__3178117

MemberMember
(@ivyey)

Posted : 01/06/2012 2:23 pm

You can try avoiding them for a week or so and see if it makes a difference. Then try again, because it could be a coincidence. Also, try soaking them in water to form. They'll form a gel which you could use to thicken a smoothie or other drink. Or just drink. Some people like it. There are some recipes in the drink recipe thread. http://www.acne.org/...ost__p__3178117

OK. I usually just throw about 2 tbsp into a smoothie every morning. I hope the chia seeds are not to blame...

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/13/2013 7:17 pm

I wanna add chia seeds, since flax give me an awful breakout!

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 06/29/2013 11:30 pm

I have a big bag of them. I tried them once but lost my appetite for 2 whole days!